Serious question for you Lumberton guys....

jake94

We know what we're up against but i don't think you guys do. 

I don't think its going to be as close as the predictions.  I think Lumberton has a better O, a better D and better special teams.  The only advantage i see PNG has is homefield. 

That's a motivator to the Raiders.  The Rez and the Pound are two places you love to leave with a "w" beacuse it doesn't happen often.         

Like I said...you do realize the schedule says PN-G and not Bridge City right?

First off, I would like to give y'all props on an undefeated season thus far. Y'all seem to have a solid running game and a very stingy defense this season. My question for you guys is this.. Last season in the final game, Micah Mosley ran for 450 yards on your defense. What do you attribute the huge turnaround you guys have made on the defensive side of the ball this season to?

Are y'all running a new scheme?

Do you have a new coordinator?

Or is it just an extra year of experience now for the youngsters that were playing last season?

What is it in your opinion?

By the way it wasn't 450 yards it was 406 yards get your numbers straight

We are able to run 3 Dif. offensive schemes you never know what we will run. In Preseason we ran a Fb and HB Offense then the first play against Dayton we go 4 WR's and spread the D out. Against Vidor we were very plain. Against Central we ran some of all three. Png may see something they have never seen.

As far as the D's go I wont argue with anyone on that, Our D is very good Yalls seems to be OK. I do think yall matched up well with NED. But they can not run the ball like we can so I feel like we match up very good and have the advantage their. From what I see Yall don't throw often and are not that good Compared to Dayton so I see yall having a very hard time Running the ball. With all that said I think this will be a great game. Yall are at home and its H.C. I hear so That will have your young men excited. The big thing they have to remember is that Beating Ned last week will in no way help them this week. On a neutral field I see us blowing yall out at PNG I see it being a close game. I know its hard to accept but this group of young men are just better than in the past.

We know that beating Ned didnt get us ready for yall they passed majority of the time while yall run majority of the time, and whats this "on a neutral site" garbage

Guest maverick24

If where you play doesn't make a dif. why do all the png fans tell how hard it will be to win at the rez. If it doesn't matter why did both png and NED. turn down playing that game at a larger place like Cardinal Stadium? Home Field does matter as far as a comfort zone when two evenly matched teams play, If one is Much better it doesn't make as big of a Deal. I for one think if we played Dayton there this year the outcome could have been dif. So yes it does give you a small advantage but good teams will overcome that!

why would it make any since for a mid-county game to be played in Beaumont............lol.........why change something that has been fine for 84 years........it has nothing to do with home field advantage......and everything to do with Tradition (for both sides)......

I say......... pick the skating rink at the Galaria and I still pick PN-G on top..... and I don't care about what ALL the PN-G fans (and I am one) say....this is what I say.......pick two trees at each end and lets go at it.......lol

Guest maverick24

No the fact that the two teams turned it down was the advantage part they both wanted that home game every other year. It was offered so they could sell more tickets. But Home Field doesnt seem to mean much to them Ned has won  at both places pretty easy untill this year when png won pretty easy at NED.

turning down Lamar was not for advantage but tradition......(repeat....repeat......repeat.....)

you can stop preaching to me about Ned vs PN-G.......i was born here.......it's not the fact that both TEAMS wanted the game at home every year......that's just how it's done here.....you don't mess with grand-parents who have been going to these games longer then they've been married..........It's what it is and that's it......it's more than home field, moving the game would lessen the value of the game between the two TOWNS............both cities could care less that we beat the other at your place......the fact that we beat you is good enough.......lol

both schools have handily beaten the other over the cource of history recent and not so recent........

win a couple more hundred games and you'll get what i'm saying........lol

really.....good luck to Lumberton Friday........should be a great game and when PN-G wins it won't be solely because of where it was played.......JMO!!

turning down Lamar was not for advantage but tradition......(repeat....repeat......repeat.....)

you can stop preaching to me about Ned vs PN-G.......i was born here.......it's not the fact that both TEAMS wanted the game at home every year......that's just how it's done here.....you don't mess with grand-parents who have been going to these games longer then they've been married..........It's what it is and that's it......it's more than home field, moving the game would lessen the value of the game between the two TOWNS............both cities could care less that we beat the other at your place......the fact thay we beat you is good enough.......lol

both schools have handily beaten the other over the cource of history recent and not so recent........

really.....good luck to Lumberton Friday........should be a great game and when PN-G wins it won't be solely because of where it was played.......JMO!!

Nice post!  Couldn't have said it better myself!  Scalp 'em, NDN's!

Guest maverick24

you can stop preaching to me about Ned vs PN-G.......i was born here.......it's not the fact that both TEAMS wanted the game at home every year......that's just how it's done here.....you don't mess with grand-parents who have been going to these games longer then they've been married..........It's what it is and that's it......it's more than home field, moving the game would lessen the value of the game between the two TOWNS............both cities could care less that we beat the other at your place......the fact thay we beat you is good enough.......lol

Hate to tell you but you have no clue about this. In the meeting it was offered that the game could be played at a neutral site to offer more seats because it sold out every year.  It was talked about + and - and both teams decided that they did not want to give up the home game. So before you talk about why YOU THINK it was played where,  sit in some of the meetings and get your facts right.

Hate to tell you but you have no clue about this. In the meeting it was offered that the game could be played at a neutral site to offer more seats because it sold out every year.  It was talked about + and - and both teams decided that they did not want to give up the home game. So before you talk about why YOU THINK it was played where,  sit in some of the meetings and get your facts right.

Look....... I don't care if they had a meeting with President Bush himself (or IF you were in it)...it don't matter what was SAID or TALKED ABOUT...............if both walked out of the meeting, thinking they were going to play at Lamar, it would have been changed back before they got back to town to tell anyone...(I guarantee they knew that when the offer was given)...period.......by you saying both teams decided they did not want to give up the home games is no diffrent then saying they wanted to keep it in Mid-County no matter who is home.(for the fans).........So before you talk about what YOU KNOW....YOU THINK YOU KNOW....YOU KNOW........lol......live here...........

Why would anybody want to play in that wreck of a stadium when you can play in a great stadium, with a great atmosphere, and MCM the year of RITA just didnt feel right when we played at Baytown it lost something special, and its not about making "some old people happy" fool, its about the MC community at large being happy and its not the same in a different place, unless you live here you will never understand!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124