West Brook

Guest WeedBegone

This thread was getting close to page  to too two because all of the area teams seem to be showing more spirit.  Come on WB fans and keep us on top.  Where are you!!!

Go WB Bruins

Guest WBFan09

West Brook is a very good team this year...we have enough OL that if one doesnt do well or is getting beat we can put another one in... we havent had that very much in the past over here...once we get some people healthy we will have a little depth at our DL we have 4 good DEs and our DL have held their own with out Robert White but once he gets back we will have depth there...our 2nd team secondary doesnt have much depth..luckily we have Jordan Garret who can play on both sides of the ball...i feel like our D can hold it together against the big dogs in the playoffs

Nice to hear some outside support for WB.  They are not necessarily overrated but i do agree that after district the teams they will have to go through will be much tougher.  The Houston area is loaded with talent.  What impresses me is how much Stump gets for his buck from the way he utilizes his talent.

Having a son that played for him during his first year gives much insight to his accomplishments. 

1st--his college experience as both player and coach enables him to coach these kids a the highest level possible.

2nd--he has an awesome staff that coaches very efficiently during the week and more so during the games.  WB players never watch the game from the sidelines.  When they come off the field they line up on the bench and constantly adjust all game long. Stump is a good manager but he lets his staff do their jobs.

3rd--unlike the past---his teams are well disciplined on and off the field.  My wife is a teacher at the Brook and is well aware that these players are required to adhere to making their grades and abide by the rules.  If a player challenges the system and tries to be treated special, rather than sending them to the principlal--a coach is always ready and willing to address And this player will return to the teacher with a sincere apology for their actions.  A  very instumental player (now playing D1 ball) last year missed an entire week and game last year just for being seen with the wrong company. He was also in much better physical shape when he returned if you know what i mean. No exceptions by the WB coaching staff. No player is considered more valuable as an individual than the team itself.  I believe this shows up on the field.

4th--Stumps game plan is multi-threaded and never looks the same.  The play-book resembles a set of enclyclopedias.  It is complicated which is why they appear to be better each week.  One set of films will not help scout this team. 

5th--And yes, Stump appears to see validity to keeping players playing at the JV level instead of dressing them up to sit and watch the geme.  There is  rarely any excess or unusable baggage on his sidelines on Friday night.

6th--His trainer is also very instrumental to this team and is treated as part of the staff.  Atheletes today need a good dependable and experienced trainer.  I believe WB has one of the best and probably could be considered as the hardest worker day in and day out.  The hours this guy puts in are invaluable to the health and well being of these players. 

7th--finally--the parents each year are aware of their role.  Keep your kids enrolled and passing and parents are welcome to watch from the stands while he agrees to keep his staff and players on the field. Its made obvious that he plans to distance himself from parental advice regarding coaching. I admire this the most.

Sorry for the long entry--but lots of area teams could benefit from this philosophy.  Its run more like a program than just a team.  What also amazes me, is the success WB has in spite of a BISD budget.

Respectfully submitted

WeedBegone

Love the bit about the trainer.... Mr. Whiteside is an awsome trainer.... cant tell you how many times he took care of me back in High school...

West Brook is a very good team this year...we have enough OL that if one doesnt do well or is getting beat we can put another one in... we havent had that very much in the past over here...once we get some people healthy we will have a little depth at our DL we have 4 good DEs and our DL have held their own with out Robert White but once he gets back we will have depth there...our 2nd team secondary doesnt have much depth..luckily we have Jordan Garret who can play on both sides of the ball...i feel like our D can hold it together against the big dogs in the playoffs

when will white get back on the field?

Guest WBFan09

when will white get back on the field?

talked to him the other day and he said the coaches said that when he can run comfortably he will be back playing...so hopefully not too much longer

Guest WeedBegone

Anyone know anything about Sterling(other than the fact that they have a poor record)?  Is there anything they can do to keep this one close?

They could forfeit to avoid a blow-out.  OMG--thats not me--who said this?

Guest WBFan09

Anyone know anything about Sterling(other than the fact that they have a poor record)?  Is there anything they can do to keep this one close?

Team Stats

Total yards   First downs   Rushing yards   Yds/Att   Passing yards   Yds/Catch

1287               69                844              4.31          443              11.97

Player Stats:

Passing

Name                Comp    Att   Pct     Yds   TD   INT

Jerrod Doucet      26       72    36.11  321    1     9 

Keagan Kogut      11       26    42.31  122    1     4 

Rushing

Name                Att   Yds   Yds/Att   TD

Jerrod Doucet     39    212     5.44      3 

Andre Grant        19     91     4.79      1 

Keagan Kogut      5      48      9.6       0 

Malcolm Zeno      2      20      10        0 

Receiving

Name                  Rec   Yds   Yds/Catch   TD

Manasah Davis       9     160       18           0 

Terrell Zeno           8     85         11          1 

Xavier Hebert         1     38        38           0 

Justin Neal             2     29        15           0 

D'Andre Thompson   1     20        20           1 

Points Scored/ Game   14

Points Allowed/ Game  32

Total Yards / Game     214

Yards Allowed/ Game   315

First Downs/ Game      11

...nothing very outstanding

Guest WBFan09

i agree they havent played anyone worthy except for Spring Westfield....however i dont think the passing game will suffer outside district...we didnt really have an established passing game against westfield because in that game Louis was just starting out....now he is comfortable in the pocket and i think he can make plays no matter what team he is facing..just my opinion though

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed