L-TRAIN WHOO WHOO...

patitan

I'll be at Friday night's game between Lumberton and PNG taking pictures for The Silsbee Bee.

If anyone out there wants me to shoot photos of a specific player -- from either team -- please just email me and let me know and I'll concentrate on getting that player in action.

You can check out my photo web site to see the kind of pictures I'm talking about ... www.gld-designs.smugmug.com

Thanks guys and good luck!

Gerry

My email is [email protected]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the photo's taken at the Lumberton/Central game, I can see why ta'll had so many rushing yards. Horrible tackling by Central. Photo's showed their players arm tackling, head behind the shoulder pads, trying to strip the football. You will see good form tackling this week, and that stingy defense laying the lumber to the Raider RB's. I can't wait for this game. BTW, I do think Lumberton is for real, so don't try that trick with me ::)

There comes a time when you've got to look at their accomplishments and make a resonalble assessment.  I believe they have accomplished much and they are for real.  They beat Dayton, but only by 1.  They beat Vidor pretty bad, but that was Vidor.  They jumped all over Central, but Central is down this year.  Seems like the district may be running out of teams and excuses.  I'm not necessarily a Lumberton fan but I saw them play once this year and they can flat out play football.

Guest maverick24

Not all of the png fans Scalpem for instance But most like newindian need to stop living in the past. The past will not win or lose this game. The best team on the field will win. If that is png i will say great job. But please stop acting like because a png team went to state 30 years ago that that somehow helps this team out. That is like saying just because Ned beat yall 2 of the last 3 years that they would beat yall this year, well we saw that theory isnt true.  If yall are better than us my hats off to your young men if we beat yall all I ask for is the same. Please dont start with the excuses, Trust me our RB's will take your best shots and keep on going!

Guest TravelingBandsman

For the love of all that is holy, why is there another Lumberton thread. All there really needs to be is one, the one about their game Friday. Page 1 alone already has at least 5 by itself, not to mention the other 4 or so on page 2. Please, don't make anymore unless it REALLY calls for it.

Guest beards_bro

For the love of all that is holy, why is there another Lumberton thread. All there really needs to be is one, the one about their game Friday. Page 1 alone already has at least 5 by itself, not to mention the other 4 or so on page 2. Please, don't make anymore unless it REALLY calls for it.

Traveling Band, there is another Lumberton thread because there can be. If someone wants to start one then that is their right. If you don't like reading them then stop getting on them and complaining. I'm starting to notice a pattern with your reponses toward Lumberton. Almost every one that I've seen since I've beeen coming on here is somehow downing Lumberton in some kind of way or another. I'm starting to think someone may be hating on L-Town and is still very upset and bitter about Dayton's loss to the L-Train even if it was by only one point. I'm not trying to be rude or start an argument over this....I just see a pattern.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Traveling Band, there is another Lumberton thread because there can be. If someone wants to start one then that is thier right. If you don't like reading them then stop getting on them and complaining. I'm starting to notice a pattern with your reponses toward Lumberton. Almost every one that I've seen since I've beeen coming on here is somehow downing Lumberton in some kind of way or another. I'm starting to think someone may be hating on L-Town and is still very upset and bitter about Dayton's loss to the L-Train even if it was by only one point. I'm not trying to be rude or start an argument over this....I just see a pattern.

...and it seems that there's a pattern whenever a Dayton fan doesn't think Lumberton is the best team in the nation that they say it's because their bitter about a loss. Who really effing cares about our loss? Yes, it's thier right. I just think it clogs up the forum with 20 threads about the same dang thing. I'm not the only one that's complained about it before. Also, oh well if I feel like downing Lumberton whenever I dang well feel like. I personally do not think Lumberton is the super amazing, OH MY FREAKIN LORD, WE'RE GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD team that you're making it out to be. So yah, I'm done.

...and it seems that there's a pattern whenever a Dayton fan doesn't think Lumberton is the best team in the nation that they say it's because their bitter about a loss. Who really effing cares about our loss? Yes, it's thier right. I just think it clogs up the forum with 20 threads about the same dang thing. I'm not the only one that's complained about it before. Also, oh well if I feel like downing Lumberton whenever I dang well feel like. I personally do not think Lumberton is the super amazing, OH MY FREAKIN LORD, WE'RE GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD team that you're making it out to be. So yah, I'm done.

And how many people are tired of hearing the same people complaining about Lumberton thread after thread.  It goes both ways.  A lot of the threads are started by non-Lumberton people just to get this sort of stuff started.

Guest maverick24

And how many people are tired of hearing the same people complaining about Lumberton thread after thread.  It goes both ways.  A lot of the threads are started by non-Lumberton people just to get this sort of stuff started.

I agree they get on here and gripe about the threads but if they look Maybe one or two are started by L-Town. Last week I made the comment that if you counted there was as many Mid County Threads as Lumberton vs Central, they just hate it right now that we have the right to be proud of our team. I don't care if there are 30 Dayton , Ned Or Png Threads go ahead if I dont want to read about the 2nd 3rd and 4th place teams in this District I wont click on those Threads.

I agree they get on here and gripe about the threads but if they look Maybe one or two are started by L-Town. Last week I made the comment that if you counted there was as many Mid County Threads as Lumberton vs Central, they just hate it right now that we have the right to be proud of our team. I don't care if there are 30 Dayton , Ned Or Png Threads go ahead if I dont want to read about the 2nd 3rd and 4th place teams in this District I wont click on those Threads.

I noticed the number of threads for MCM also, but didn't complain about them. There is also smack talk going on on all non-Lumberton threads.  But they act like since we have never been to the playoffs then we have no right to post the same things they post for their teams. They say to take each game one at a time...true...take each year one at a time also.  Nobody knows yet who will end up winning district or going to the playoffs. We will root for our boys the same way the others do.

Yes the past does count thats why those memories are in the weight room its called INSPIRATION, and thats why PRIDE, HONOR, TRADITION is on our press box, the boys only have to look up a little to see what theyre fighting for!

I never said the past doesn't count. You have a great tradition to be very proud of. I've always rooted for your team in the playoffs. I know people from Lumberton that travelled to watch you in the playoffs. All I'm saying is that our boys are fighting this year for something to be proud of also.  As I said in another post, our wins this year may mean nothing to anyone else. But to us, considering our past, they mean a lot. Say what you will about the teams we have played. And yes, we may not win another game, but at this point in time we have hope and we back our team. You have been to the playoffs many times...this may be our first...you're excited about possibly going again and we're excited about possibly going our first time. Sure some of the fans are taking things too far. Every team has those few that do. We feel our boys are capable of winning. I'm looking forward to a very hard fought game Friday night. Win or lose it's all about those boys on the field. We're proud of them no matter what happens.

I never said the past doesn't count. You have a great tradition to be very proud of. I've always rooted for your team in the playoffs. I know people from Lumberton that travelled to watch you in the playoffs. All I'm saying is that our boys are fighting this year for something to be proud of also.  As I said in another post, our wins this year may mean nothing to anyone else. But to us, considering our past, they mean a lot. Say what you will about the teams we have played. And yes, we may not win another game, but at this point in time we have hope and we back our team. You have been to the playoffs many times...this may be our first...you're excited about possibly going again and we're excited about possibly going our first time. Sure some of the fans are taking things too far. Every team has those few that do. We feel our boys are capable of winning. I'm looking forward to a very hard fought game Friday night. Win or lose it's all about those boys on the field. We're proud of them no matter what happens.

Great Post.

Guest maverick24

Yes the past does count thats why those memories are in the weight room its called INSPIRATION, and thats why PRIDE, HONOR, TRADITION is on our press box, the boys only have to look up a little to see what theyre fighting for!

I  think you are taking this the wrong way. The reason people say that to you is because you keep acting like just because Yall have Tradition and have won in the past it will help yall win a game today. If yall are better than us then you will beat us dosent matter what the team did 30 years ago. Just like Us if we beat yall it will be because we are better not because something we did or did not do 30 years ago. Yall should be proud of your history but dont act like it will help you win Friday night! Thats why People get on  you about it!

I  think you are taking this the wrong way. The reason people say that to you is because you keep acting like just because Yall have Tradition and have won in the past it will help yall win a game today. If yall are better than us then you will beat us dosent matter what the team did 30 years ago. Just like Us if we beat yall it will be because we are better not because something we did or did not do 30 years ago. Yall should be proud of your history but dont act like it will help you win Friday night! Thats why People get on  you about it!

When you read the word MOJO, do you think of a great teams now at Odessa or do you think that past teams help motivate the young players today?

Guest maverick24

Well for years the MOJO meant nothing it did not help them win. They just started getting good athelets back and now they are winning. The MOJO is just a saying it isnt going to help win any more games than BOJO helps LCM!

Agreed great post, well said

It will take more than a sign to help you in this game!  PNG only has one quality win over a overrated Ned team. Win against some good teams like Dayton or Central and we will give u some respect. We are bringing the #1 Defense to the Res. and they are fired up.

Overrated Nederland Team, you haven't played us yet. You all better worry about PNG this week or you're be in 2nd place along with us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder