*** Calling Hunters to Action - 2007 Farm Bill **

bronco1

Farm Bill at a Critical Juncture

Hunter Harvest Expected to Drop If Programs Lose Funding

Funding for conservation programs is under attack as the Senate continues their work on the Farm Bill. Programs that are critical to waterfowl population success, like the Conservation Reserve Program, Wetlands Reserve Program and Grassland Reserve Program are in jeopardy.

These programs are vital to keeping more habitat on the ground and more ducks in the sky.

Without these programs, we could see a negative impact on waterfowl hunter harvests across the United States.

Without these programs there could be 2.2 million fewer ducks in the air every year.

You Can Help Guarantee Our Waterfowl Hunting Heritage

Together we can make a positive difference for our waterfowl hunting heritage. But, we all need our voices to be heard.

With two simple phone calls you can help make sure the Senate Agriculture Committee does not take a step backward on conservation.

Follow this link to the DU website to get info you need to call your Senator:

http://capwiz.com/ducks/callalert/index.tt?alertid=10406091&type=CO

email out to to both of our senators. How bad is that i got them saved on my contact list...........  The way i see it the only way to truely have these lands un-jeoprdized by the govs. beurocracy is to have private landowners do the conservation with the help of private organizations.  You still have some of the cheep plotics of a private company but it's not like theres any big groups trying to sway a vote one way or the other by lobbying.  I think DU plays too much in the poitical arena and doesnt do enough with the private land owners directly,  let the politicians argue about toilets and rubbing feet.........make the refuges privately run by non-profit and i guarentee there funding triples.........you'd have to allow hunting on all of them though. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124