Nederland at Beaumont Ozen Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

Ozen's secondary picked Tatum off 3 times.  Nederland can't run consistantly and well as poorly as they've played on offense, Ozen's still on the plus side in take aways

Nothing against Tatum, but Bellows is a much better QB. Any you also say Nederland plays poorly on Offense?? I don't know what Nederland team you're talking about. :-\

Nederland has one heck of a Passing Game, and last time I checked Bellows was leading in the QB column. and Asa was leading in the WR columns, not to mention all of our WR are great. I wouldn't exactly say we have a poor offense SFA85    ::)

Dead serious.  That PN-G running game was almost non-existant but it was worth over 250 against Nederland.  Ozen's secondary picked Tatum off 3 times.  Nederland can't run consistantly and well as poorly as they've played on offense, Ozen's still on the plus side in take aways

What I hear from the Ozen parents at work is the players have don't believe in their coaches. The players are saying their  coaches are not calling the right plays. SFA85 have you heard that too? what do you think of that?

Still say my Dogs win!

From all the reports I have heard, this will be the best PASS defense we have faced this season. They are supposed to have really good corners. I hope we will be able to move the ball thru the air because our run game has not been all that good. I think this is going to be a good ballgame. I hope we can come away with the victory.

What I hear from the Ozen parents at work is the players have don't believe in their coaches. The players are saying their  coaches are not calling the right plays. SFA85 have you heard that too? what do you think of that?

Still say my Dogs win!

I don't know about the total play calling.  When they played PAM, one kid had 5 fumbles and they still had a chance to win that one.  If the Oline would block some, then those plays would work because they sure worked for Central

In a word = Ugly.

Ozen can move the ball, but the just can't seem to do much inside the 20 yard line. They get down there with the run and then start throwing the ball. They can pound 4, 5, up to 7 yards a carry if they want. IMO

I think it will be close with Nederland playing into Ozen's strength's. But, if Ozen plays undisciplined ball, (turnovers, poor special teams) like they did against PN-G then Nederland will win going away.

I say Ned 28  Ozen 20

Guest TravelingBandsman

Nederland by at least 2 1/2 touchdowns. If Dayton can shut them out 33-0 then Nederland shouldn't have a big problem with it. I consider Nederland and Dayton two of the closest teams this year.

Could go either way. Ozens sandlot offense is the type of offense that KILLS Nederland,, and the defense is absolutely hideous against the run. Bend but dont break is starting to sound like a punch line to me. If the Ozen secondary really is as good as I hear this game could be very close.

Your point... o...kay. However Mr. H., you are right and I apologize. Hideous is a little strong, but not by much. How about "average" at best against the run.

I would venture to bet that the players expect a whole lot better of themselves than 174 yards per game. 318 and 231 against PNG and Waller, well that was pretty ugly but since Waller is averaging over 360 yards per game on the ground I guess we handled them about like everyone else is. I know that there were about 50-75 yards per game on busted plays against Vidor, Central and PNG where just a couple of stops for little/no gain turn 50 yard TD run would have reduced the numbers significantly. But not busting those plays is what separates the average from those at the top of the game. I would love to be wrong about that.

In contrast here are a few more numbers of all the teams in the district this season so far in rushing yards allowed per game. I am pretty sure these are close.

Ozen 225, yuk.

Central 183, not so good.

Ned 174, tied with LCM, yikes.

LCM 174, average

PNG 147 not too bad

Dayton 146, not too bad.

Lumberton 117.  Thats good defense.

Look at avg yards per game

Waller 365 avg 318 against Ned. WOW

PNG 147 avg 231 against Ned

Vidor 161 avg 160 against Ned

Central 118 avg 148 against Ned

Anyway, I think the Ozen game could be close depending on who shows up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124