24-1A District Champions

Who will win 24-1A this year?  

1. 1. Who will win 24-1A this year?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabine Pass' date=' will have a new coach this year. So it should be interesting to see who they get. I know for a fact that the kids are very hungry due to a unwanted short season. They will be pretty big but lack some speed.[/quote']

Well, Super T. It is great to see that the Sharks will be back in the district fray after their stint as an "independent" where they would get kind of lost toward the end of the season as an afterthought with all of the district races going on.

BTW, I have not seen the Sharks' 2006 Football Schedule. Do you know what it is?

Altofan, Dont overlook the West Hardin Oilers our boys played them and Groveton last year and both teams will be very good in 1-A ball.Groveton will be the only team in 23a that can even stay on the field with West Hardin.They have Letsinger coming back at QB along with all their skill players and most of their linemen.They more than held their own in 2-A last year so dont snooze when you play them.H/D will also be better than most of the teams in 23A other than Groveton.In 23a I would give the nod to Groveton,Burkeville and West Sabine.Chester will also have a couple of kids to keep an eye on in Jake Flowers and Brock Mahaffey.I am not downing Colmesneil but the didnt have a whole lot last year,baseball is still the king up there.JMO

whsalum,

I actually think Lovelady has the best chance of winning that district, they return the majority of their playoff team from last year. Groveton will be interesting to watch, they should have made playoffs last year but something wasn't right their. We played them and other than the RB Horace who graduated, their really wasn't a "stand-out" player on offense for them that I saw. Out of about 150 yards of total offense against us, Horace probably had 130 of it. Maybe they will have something comeing up or others develop better.

I have a lot of respect for Hull Daisetta but West Hardin has as good a Senior group coming back as anyone around.I am not from West Hardin but everyone else in this district is playing for second.In the other district I havent seen Lovelady so I cant even pick that one,however Groveton is usually pretty good.Dont know what graduation did to them.JMO

I hate to upset whsalum, but Groveton, Lovelady, Burkeville, AND West Sabine can beat anyone in 24-A hands down. 23-A will be the toughest Class A district this coming season. Each and every district game will be a bloodbath. I also look for Colmesneil to be much improved over the past few seasons as the kids have taken a liking to football.

Colmesneil fan,Your not gonna upset me I dont have anyone playing in this district.I watched Groveton,West Sabine,Colmesneil, Hull Daisetta and West Hardin last year.While I dont know how many kids any of them lost to graduation I know West Hardin has just about all of them coming back.They were as good last year as Groveton or West Sabine and just got better by playing a brutal schedule for a small school.If they stay healthy with Letsinger,Simmons etc they will more than hold their own in any 1-A district in football and basketball.Hull Daisetta will also be pretty solid but I think they will play for the second spot.From there down it will be pretty even.I guess we will just have to disagree on this one and look back next fall to see who is right.I wish Colmesneil the best because I am partial to Tyler county kids.Good luck to yall

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder