West Brook wins but might lose star running back

Man ive been dredding this type of situation all season i know WB has atheletes by committie I hate to see a player that so dedicated to his team get hurt i hope its not that serious. I watched him grow up i always new he would be a beast on the field. His uncle and i go the same church ill try to get more info.

Guest WBFan09

he can now run with the big dogs

correction...big BRUINS ;D ;)

i dont think we have official backup RB on varsity otherwise they wouldve been in the game

Guest WBFan09

so now everyone should stop with the "they shouldve taken them out" they didnt have anyone to put in...and when you want to run out the clock you have to run the ball...meaning Christine and Albert in there...he wasnt even hurt on a play where he ran the ball

Guest WBFan09

I heard he lost his footing on the turf.

yea me too...no contact is what i heard as well i hope that means it wont be AS bad as it could have been

they were being very cautious with him at the game

im not sure what the pop might indicate...knee cap?

dat-hook-em and FPHS78, didn't you two guy's read what was posted by WBFan09.....WB did NOT have a backup RB on varsity, or he would have been in there. So stop it with the "should have been taken out" thing. I'm sure if Stump could change things now, he would. Since he can't, it's all water under the bridge and Williams will be back. So let's just concentrate on this weeks game against Lee, OK. Thanks

I gotta agree with 24 over.  surely we could find someone to carry the ball with a 40 point lead.  What's the worst that could happen?  Gotta get the starters out of there in those situations.  I bet lots of those kids have been running backs at some point in their life.

Guest BigHam

I've heard from a couple of folks that Williams might be OK. Maybe out for a week or 2. Hopefully get him back before Humble and PAM. Main thing is to get him healthy.

Guest WBFan09

west brook has no back up. thats hard to believe, i bet any of the kids wearing a 60 or a 70 on thier back would have gladly carried the ball

I gotta agree with 24 over.   surely we could find someone to carry the ball with a 40 point lead.  What's the worst that could happen?   Gotta get the starters out of there in those situations.  I bet lots of those kids have been running backs at some point in their life.

Stump is not stupid...im sure if he thought those guys could hold on to the ball or have had experience running the ball he would have...the facts are they still needed first downs in order for them to keep the clock running thus keeping Williams and Michael in the game...Stump places the guys who could be backups for them on JV...why?...so they can get experience in case of situations like this, now the kid will get his chance and wont be coming off the bench having not played at all this season...he will be used to the game atmosphere im sure we can all agree that putting in a kid whom has not been in a game half way through the year isnt smart?

secondly, ive talked to many guys on the team and they have told me EVERYONE got to play in the game which means had Stump had the backup RB he would have played him...i mean everyone, even the worst of the senior class

Stump is not stupid...im sure if he thought those guys could hold on to the ball or have had experience running the ball he would have...the facts are they still needed first downs in order for them to keep the clock running thus keeping Williams and Michael in the game...Stump places the guys who could be backups for them on JV...why?...so they can get experience in case of situations like this, now the kid will get his chance and wont be coming off the bench having not played at all this season...he will be used to the game atmosphere im sure we can all agree that putting in a kid whom has not been in a game half way through the year isnt smart?

secondly, ive talked to many guys on the team and they have told me EVERYONE got to play in the game which means had Stump had the backup RB he would have played him...i mean everyone, even the worst of the senior class

I agree with most of what you said.  However, we didn't NEED any first downs.  Practice punting, whatever, just get the starters out of there.  JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami