BH FANS

Guest BIG HOUSE

Guest Irish Terror

I cant believe people are talking about the coaches how dare you! I mean after all look how far they have lead us through the playoffs the last seven years ;D

Now if you want to open that door, go right ahead. Think there's a lot of fans with the same thought on that. Afterall, you have to be willing to give up your holiday break if you're in the playoffs........ ;D ;D ;D

Trust me on this one. I too have spoke out about the " no huddle offense" in the past. It just takes us way to long to read the defense and get the play in. In most cases it would be faster to huddle. HOWEVER that being said this years problem is that BH JUST FLAT DID NOT HAVE THE TALENT THAT IT HAD IN THE PAST. That combined with no depth and boom a 5-5 season. Also remember they lost some good assistant coaches from years past. This years staff was not last years staff and be as it may most of the changes were on the offensive side of the ball. Oh well we still love BH football at my house. ;)

When you huddle , you have no clue as to what the defense is lining up in.  If you go no huddle you can call your play to the alignment of the defense.  Staffs all  across the area lose coaches.  To me the no huddle is exactly what you need to run if you want to see what the defense is lining up in.

That's a great thought and it worked once upon a time but do not think for one second that the defense has not caught up and shows vanilla sets. They sure get a 30 second break though between plays. Just my opinion. I've seen it work in other scheems and LCP perfected it here but it took a big step backwards this year and not just because of the players.

I don't think the no huddle or the offense was the problem this year.  We had NO returning starters on offense and had QB trouble most of the year.  Our offense still put up a ton of yards and scored some points.  Our defense was the problem, only one true starter and he was hurt for several games, and has just now started playing up to form.  Then we had 5 new starters get hurt so all of that combined, you end up on the short end of the stick.  With all of that we could have very easily gone 9-1 or 8-2.  I think the coaches did a really good job with what they had to work with.  The coach can only do so much, the kids have to play the game.  Now coach Price taking all the credit for everything I don't get that at all.  I've talked to him after several games this year and he always say's the kids are playing very hard.  I have never heard him take credit for a win, it's always "the kids played hard".  You can't always believe what you read in the papers, reporters are famous for twisting words around.  I know the coaches in Baytown have even been mad at the Sun for writting things they didn't say.  The problem is we've had some nice success the last several years and it's hard to except going home early. 

End of conversation for me. MHS32 is the savior.  He and BH89-2 are the most knowledgable footbal people in Southeast Texas.  Maybe if everyone in the area would listen to them more state titles would come to the area.  This oldman is done.

End of conversation for me. MHS32 is the savior.  He and BH89-2 are the most knowledgable footbal people in Southeast Texas.  Maybe if everyone in the area would listen to them more state titles would come to the area.  This oldman is done.

I hate to be the bad guy here, but BH mixed it up a little on offense and won a ball game no one thought they would. A savior NO! A little common sense and an opinion....maybe. I know you must think everyone is suppose to agree with you and open a praise and worship center for high school coaches but that is your opinion and I do respect it even though I disagree with it.

Ok guys you know that I know every thing so, stop giving MHS and BH89 the credit (When you guys start coaching give me a call ;D ) Please Oldman say it true!!!!Are ya done!!!!

Ok guys you know that I know every thing so, stop giving MHS and BH89 the credit (When you guys start coaching give me a call ;D ) Please Oldman say it true!!!!Are ya done!!!!

Sorry BHFAN, Didn't mean to steal your thunder. I think that is like the second time this year I got bashed. I really do not even know what I said. Up until Friday night the offense was very predictable. I'm a fan and a tax payer so I thought I would point out that LCP did a better job with the no huddle and BOOM, I'm the enemy. I thought I did a fairly good job supporting the coaching staff even though only one of them will even speak to me if I see him in public. Look it is pretty simple out here. You have the beautiful people and you have guys like me. I'm not grossly in debt trying to look rich, I know I go to the (wrong) church(s), and I will not be a BH snob which we are very popular for being and I do not hang out at Eagle Point playing golf. Maybe that is why some are trying to ease me into your position. Sorry but if I have an opinion I generally state it. Maybe We can get A BH coach memorial statue up at the court house. Then oldman could bask in his glory. What are your thoughts??? ;D

price just needs to have a different offensive game plan, he trys to run the spread offense and throw the ball when they dont have the players to do that if they would run a png style offense they would do much better

how or why would you do that when you have the fastest reciever this side of the trinity #82 and the big catches of 85 and 86

I don't think there is anything wrong with our offense.  We averaged over 400 yards per game.  We had, really just two bad offensive games, Crosby, which our starting QB was hurt, and Jasper.  We could have had a better game against CE King, Tony was just off that night.  I thought he and our offense did real well after not having any starters coming back this year, and getting a new OC, which I thought did a great job.  We have a lot of players coming back and our offense should be even better next year.  When you score 20 to 30 pts a game your offense is doing pretty well.  Our defense was the problem and will have to get better this coming year.

You are right 34 the offense out played the defense this year. What was frustrating was that the offense could have been even better as we saw last Friday night. I do disagree with you on the OC. I'll give him a "C" for this season and I'm sure he will get better. Sometimes it looked as if the players were studying for the bar exam instead of running a play. GP was showing all kinds of funky reads when given the full 25 seconds and then moved into what they were really going to do after BH set. When BH started to mix it up and went on a few quick counts and ran some plays that they have practiced for 8 years but never used then things got much better. BH did not break it's own momentum. Oh well it was a good year all and all and that is about the only thing I think we could improve on. The rest was just playing on Friday nights. The defense, well there just wasn't much you good do with that.

BH, with 5 returning starters, finished 6-4 in 2nd year of 4A...

Couple of key injuries ( not an excuse, everyone has them )...but best player on "D" played hurt all year, QB missed some time. Truth is, BH about 3-4 plays, 2 bad calls away from 8-2 on the season, 6-1 in district....maybe we are too spoiled and greedy...That's not a bad thing...shows we are used to winning.

Reminds me of the Horns....anything less than a title, ain't good enough.....Means that you have a program. My own insignificant opionion, great job guys.

Besides, it will all work itself out in baseball.  ;) ;)

GO BH EAGLES ! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83