Vidor at Dayton Predictions?

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang i stay off the boards for about a week or two and it gets a little crazy.. ;D ;D

dayton came out and made a statement against Ozen..Vidor needs to pick it  up,but they arent out of it yet..Our offense needs to get it going.Defense gave up alot of points the last two weeks..Should be interesting..I would say a must win for Vidor if they want a playoff spot.

Dang i stay off the boards for about a week or two and it gets a little crazy.. ;D ;D

dayton came out and made a statement against Ozen..Vidor needs to pick it  up,but they arent out of it yet..Our offense needs to get it going.Defense gave up alot of points the last two weeks..Should be interesting..I would say a must win for Vidor if they want a playoff spot.

Welcome back piratefan. I see you came back with a positive attitude talking about us getting one of those playoff spots. You not hittin the bud light or you  ;D

well maybe.. ;D ;D  nah I just try to stay positive and see what happens.Nederland had two losses last year and still snatched a playoff birth.

I know its a reach, but you never know.  I understand alot of people are upset and frustrated, but I am sure those coaches are just as upset and frustrated as everyone else.

Vidor is young this year.I know its not an excuse but that is soemthing to take into consideration.time for another Bud!! ;D

Guest maverick24

I think Vidor will play hard all year, It is only the third game of District I dont think those players will give up. I think Dayton wins but just because I think they are one of the top 3 or 4 teams in District. I also think That the Vidor coaching staff will do ok Trust me these guys didn't forget how to coach over night but the adults on here and in Vidor  need to stop talking them down if the kids hear it They will start to buy into it. Last these guys have family and I dont think it is right for them to have to endure your talk. Build your kids and the Coaches up that will only be good for your comunity.  Good Luck Vidor the rest of the way!!!

Guest Tyrone27

After further review Tyrone27 is changing his prediction. All of Vidor's loses have come against teams with undeafeated records (all teams combined 22-4.) Still don't think Vidor will win but may be close.

Dayton 28

Vidor 24

Prove me wrong Pirates and win this one.

After further review Tyrone27 is changing his prediction. All of Vidor's loses have come against teams with undeafeated records (all teams combined 22-4.) Still don't think Vidor will win but may be close.

Dayton 28

Vidor 24

Prove me wrong Pirates and win this one.

that is a good point 27..    22-4 WOW!! 

"Here is a good example: Vidor was not really any good in Baseball right? Kyle Green comes into town and after three years they go to the playoffs and they are a very tough team in 22-4a.Right?was it we never had athletes in Vidor or did it take the right coach to come in and change things?

same way with Basketball.I forget the guy's name right now..Just went to nederland last year as there coach.before him Vidor never did anything in Basketball.after a few years with him here we went on and made the playoffs and a VERY tough team in district .So i ask was it athletes or was it the RIGHT coach to come in and change things??

Samething in Football..do we not have athletes or does it take the right guy to come in and change things??"

Does this mean that every coach Vidor has had over the last 25 years has been bad or the wrong coach?  Because Mathews is the only one that has ever won anything.  Could it be that when Mathews had a good groups of athletes he won, just like Green and just like English.  Who, neither one of them won every year.  Just a thought.

I like pulling for the underdog, but will have to go with:

Dayton 28

Vidor 7

"Here is a good example: Vidor was not really any good in Baseball right? Kyle Green comes into town and after three years they go to the playoffs and they are a very tough team in 22-4a.Right?was it we never had athletes in Vidor or did it take the right coach to come in and change things?

same way with Basketball.I forget the guy's name right now..Just went to nederland last year as there coach.before him Vidor never did anything in Basketball.after a few years with him here we went on and made the playoffs and a VERY tough team in district .So i ask was it athletes or was it the RIGHT coach to come in and change things??

Samething in Football..do we not have athletes or does it take the right guy to come in and change things??"

Does this mean that every coach Vidor has had over the last 25 years has been bad or the wrong coach?  Because Mathews is the only one that has ever won anything.  Could it be that when Mathews had a good groups of athletes he won, just like Green and just like English.  Who, neither one of them won every year.  Just a thought.

I like pulling for the underdog, but will have to go with:

Dayton 28

Vidor 7

Vidorhas had a few other good coaches in Football but they have elected to leave after one or two years more than likely over pay issues Vidor dosen't  set the world on fire with what they pay a head coach/AD. I would probably geuss hes the lowest paid in the district. That directly translates into getting quality assistants such as an OC. If you cant pay there not gonna stay. If you keep up with vidor football you would see why people are frustrated. I dont think they really want mathews to go they just want to see some changes on the offensive side of the ball. Baseball is another subject Kyle Green has been here for 3 years and the baseball program has done nothing but improve every year under him and Coach Humberson and should be very strong again this year. If you saw our basketball program 6 or 7 years ago you would understand how much improved it is.

Do you mind giving me a couple of names.  Just curious who you consider a good coach?

I think Mathews is a good coach. My opinion is and thats just what it is an opinion. He gives the OC and DC to much leeway in whats going on. Heres an example.  Burnett went to the spread it was a disaster and they went to something else and it probably salvaged there season. Anyone that has saw us play knows that what were doing is not working on offense so a change of philosphy couldn't hurt. When the system your OC is running is not working step in make some changes and try to jump start it. Thats what a head coach should do in my opinion.

Guest piratefaithful

Ultimately it is the Head coach's responsibility to make changes if something isnt working.Nederland was a balanced run team last year.Neuman has been there for 11 or 12 years.this year he went to the spread offense.(even though he has been successful every year he has been there).He made changes and realized you have to make changes to be successful.

Pirate68 made the example about PNG, they tried the spread, didnt work for whatever reason and he made the change to go back to what works.

Facts are facts.records speak for there self.

If I had the answer to what would make Vidor win I would give it.but I do know what isnt working!!.I know the coaches put in long hard hours and they are trying, but winning two or three games  a year isnt going to get it.

You made the comment about Baseball. a coach doesnt have to make the playoffs every year but atleast the "program" shows signs of improvement every year.

We dont expect a State title over here but we would like our kids to be able to compete in district .9 years is a long time.I believe the current regime has 34 or so wins.that is an average of 3 wins a year.would you be happy ??

I think Mathews is a good coach. My opinion is and thats just what it is an opinion. He gives the OC and DC to much leeway in whats going on. Heres an example.  Burnett went to the spread it was a disaster and they went to something else and it probably salvaged there season. Anyone that has saw us play knows that what were doing is not working on offense so a change of philosphy couldn't hurt. When the system your OC is running is not working step in make some changes and try to jump start it. Thats what a head coach should do in my opinion.

Guest piratefaithful

I dont want to get off topic here,and we cant have a thread about this subject.Vidor fans are for the most part vey patient and supportive..even though we havent had a winning season in awhile you cant say we dont bring a crowd,or its easy to play at Pirate stadium.

our district has alot of schools that are very similiar in alot of way.PNg,Ned..Lumberton,Vidor,dayton etc.are very similiar.it is frustrating to see other schools succeed every year and Vidor struggle in football.

Out other programs have came along way(Mathews being a big reason).But we are ready for Football to compete like PNG,Ned.and now we see lumberton winning(who has alot less students then us) and we are getting  dissappointed.

Like i said we dont expect a state title we just want to compete against schools that are VERY similiar to ours. 1 district win a year and maybe 2 pre-season wins arent acceptable anymore.

I dont want to get off topic here,and we cant have a thread about this subject.Vidor fans are for the most part vey patient and supportive..even though we havent had a winning season in awhile you cant say we dont bring a crowd,or its easy to play at Pirate stadium.

our district has alot of schools that are very similiar in alot of way.PNg,Ned..Lumberton,Vidor,dayton etc.are very similiar.it is frustrating to see other schools succeed every year and Vidor struggle in football.

Out other programs have came along way(Mathews being a big reason).But we are ready for Football to compete like PNG,Ned.and now we see lumberton winning(who has alot less students then us) and we are getting  dissappointed.

Like i said we dont expect a state title we just want to compete against schools that are VERY similiar to ours. 1 district win a year and maybe 2 pre-season wins arent acceptable anymore.

I do believe winning has to be just as important to the adminastration as it does to the head coach. If you go to our games and watch the sidelines you will see some in administration down on the field having a good ole time while were getting our rears handed to us. Does not seem to bother them that bad.

Guest piratefaithful

why would it bother them..they dont pay him anything.he cant keep anyone on his staff,he dont ask for anything,and who would take his job if he did go some where.So from a management point of view they have it made.

the Academics in Vidor are excellent and thats all they really worry about..(academics come first and foremost i understand)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami