How long will it take before folks in the Pear Orchard star getting tired?

Dont' know.  That Coach Rison is a good one.  Not all coaches can do what Stowers did, take a 1-9 team and win district the next year.  It may take another year for Rison to get the kids to by into his scheme.  Then again, This year is far from over.  A lot of things can change.

I dont know if its necessarily people leaving because ozen is losing or people going back to brook after leaving there when ozen was created.  When ozen was created it was the big thing to go there and west brook and central lost alot of athletes.  Now that ozen has been around for a while things are starting to even out again.

Man i was really disappointed in the panthers friday. Decent defense but terrible offense. Don't have a great passing game and to many turnovers. We have alot of work to do. >:(

I dont know if its necessarily people leaving because ozen is losing or people going back to brook after leaving there when ozen was created.  When ozen was created it was the big thing to go there and west brook and central lost alot of athletes.  Now that ozen has been around for a while things are starting to even out again.

WB's rise in football and Ozen's underperforming in testing is hurting them.  Many kid's parents are pulling them out because of tests scores.

WB's rise in football and Ozen's underperforming in testing is hurting them.  Many kid's parents are pulling them out because of tests scores.

All Rison has to do is win.  And FYI small dog, all BISD schools are AA according to the TEA.  Sticking a kid in a school built for 1700 and has 2500 in it, does not equal a quality eduacation.  Sitting next to white students doesn't guarantee that as well.  Most improve school is Central and their principal was Reg 5 educator of the year.....

[All Rison has to do is win.  And FYI small dog, all BISD schools are AA according to the TEA.  Sticking a kid in a school built for 1700 and has 2500 in it, does not equal a quality eduacation.  Sitting next to white students doesn't guarantee that as well.  Most improve school is Central and their principal was Reg 5 educator of the year.....

No one said anything about white students, I don't know where you got that.  As far as AA, thats nice, they are average.  There are articles in the newspaper and on the news every year interviewing parents that are moving thier kids to WB. 

No one said anything about white students, I don't know where you got that.  As far as AA, thats nice, they are average.  There are articles in the newspaper and on the news every year interviewing parents that are moving thier kids to WB. 

Outcome based education is the same everywhere.  IMO, WB is bad because of it being overcrowded, and yes there are some Black parents that believe sitting next to white kids improves eduaction opportunities.  None of you can convince me WB is all that being 800 over capacity.....

I think that it is far too early to write the season off for the Panthers.  Ozen supporters and everyone else have to realize, Like Soulja pointed out, the likelyhood of Rison turning a 1-9 team to  district championship team is minimal.  I think that Rison is a good coach and should be given a chance to prove it.  It will take time to turn the program around, just as it took time for the program fall off.  It is no secret that Ozen has had its problems athletically and academically, but far too often people make a doctrine out of one or two incidents.  i.e.- because they perfomred poorly last year the school is trash.....,  No school is without problems, some are just better at concealing them.

Guest FPHS 78

Tell me it isn't so. Players changing schools in Beaumont by which team they think will be better?

THATS RIGHT.NO MATTER WHAT SFA SAYS..... YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR WB, YOU GO TO WB..WANNA PLAY FOR CENTRAL..GO TO CENTRAL..SAME FOR OZEN...JUST FILL OUT YOUR TRANSFER....WHY DO YA THINK WB IS 800 OVER?  WEST END HASNT GROWN  MUCH IN POPULATION...IF BISD EVER GOES BACK TO TRUE NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOLS...OZEN WILL ROCK.

FOR OZEN TO GET BACK.THEY GOTTA DO SOME SERIOUS HOUSECLEANING....THE ALLEGED SEX STUFF WITH THE EX-COACHES, IN SCHOOL FIGHTING, ETC..PEAR ORCHARD HAS GOT TO TAKE PRIDE IN THE SCHOOL AND DEMAND A STOP TO THE NONSENSE..., ITS CARROL THOMAS' BABY, AND RIGHT NOW ITS THE JOKE OF BISD

Tell me it isn't so. Players changing schools in Beaumont by which team they think will be better?

Honestly, you got to look at it from a teenagers point of view... Who wants to go to the school that is losing on and off the field. When West Brook was down it stayed down b/c Ozen was winning. But when BISD started the old coaching shuffling and West Brook got a good coach in STUMP they had a winning season Ozen starts getting bad press and kids and parents want out. West Brook is no longer losing so why stay at school where the coaches are being ran out faster than the 05 Track Team 3 Coaches in 4 yrs.

THATS RIGHT.NO MATTER WHAT SFA SAYS..... YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR WB, YOU GO TO WB..WANNA PLAY FOR CENTRAL..GO TO CENTRAL..SAME FOR OZEN...JUST FILL OUT YOUR TRANSFER....WHY DO YA THINK WB IS 800 OVER?  WEST END HASNT GROWN  MUCH IN POPULATION...IF BISD EVER GOES BACK TO TRUE NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOLS...OZEN WILL ROCK.

FOR OZEN TO GET BACK.THEY GOTTA DO SOME SERIOUS HOUSECLEANING....THE ALLEGED SEX STUFF WITH THE EX-COACHES, IN SCHOOL FIGHTING, ETC..PEAR ORCHARD HAS GOT TO TAKE PRIDE IN THE SCHOOL AND DEMAND A STOP TO THE NONSENSE..., ITS CARROL THOMAS' BABY, AND RIGHT NOW ITS THE JOKE OF BISD

Your right FP, true neighborhood schools would help ease the overcrowding @WB.  Also, just about every coach that was @Ozen last year are either gone from BISD or working somewhere else in the district so all Rison has to do now is win ball games.  WB had 80 freshmen show up this summer, the highest since Ozen's been open.  A direct result of them going 1-9 last year IMO

Guest FPHS 78

i think once they get a coach that will stay (hopefully Rison will turn out ok), things will start turning around for Ozen.  I dont think he''ll get run off for a bad season or two...or three.  Things will turn.

Thi reminds me of the WOS thread a couple of weeks ago . "LOSE A GAME LOSE FANS OR DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS LOSE FANS" This is not just just Ozen an WOS. This all teams i can remember when WB my bruins hadnt made the playoffs since Chip Ambrees was QB. Now that WB is winning I see fans coming out of the wood work I attended WB, Atascacita game i have seen so many cars or people in one area since "RITA."LOL. This was just the home side. The point is, is that parents want whats best for thier kids attending these schools. Education is the key to success Football will only prove atheletic ability that wont get it in the real world. Anyway yall have me sounding like one of yall's old teacher and one of mine. Back to what i was saying WB had its years of upsets now its Ozen's turn football wise. Before thier was a Ozen all students went to WB or Central so Ozen is the one who WB's talent and knock Central to 4A. "SO WHEN WILL THE WEST END GET TIRED" LOL. GO ROOK FROM A REAL FAN!

I think the fans in Pear Orchard are so upset because the older people are hanging on to the Hebert days. The reality is there are so many more high school football teams in the state of Texas compared to when there was Hebert that makes it very hard to compete deep into the playoffs.  There are bunches of new schools opening up in the suburbs of major cities and all of the teams are good. Cy-Falls for example is only a couple of years old and they went real deep in the playoffs. As soon as the folks in the southend realize that the Hebert days are over then the sooner a coach can do his job over there and make a competitive team year in and year out.

I think the fans in Pear Orchard are so upset because the older people are hanging on to the Hebert days. The reality is there are so many more high school football teams in the state of Texas compared to when there was Hebert that makes it very hard to compete deep into the playoffs.  There are bunches of new schools opening up in the suburbs of major cities and all of the teams are good. Cy-Falls for example is only a couple of years old and they went real deep in the playoffs. As soon as the folks in the southend realize that the Hebert days are over then the sooner a coach can do his job over there and make a competitive team year in and year out.

your absolutely right, but the sad thing is that they had that in the very beginning and then they ran the MAN out... So now they are reaping what they so.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami