Coach Buff Steps Down As Head Coach At Lumberton

yea i was gettin used to buff to great coach, he knew what he was talking about and the parents like ltown said was the senior parents we will have a team full of juniors next year and 3 or 4 seniors hopefully we can make lumberton a playoff team again

I would like to add one thing. I am very close to the Buffamonte family, and Coach Buff did a very unselfish thing. He decided that his family was more important than coaching a baseball team. Is there more that happened than he is probably wanting to tell everyone. I know he loved those kids, and it hurt him that he had to choose the game he has known since he was 2. Fact is, he has a sick father he is taking care of, and a pregnant wife that is about to have his first child. He had enough respect for Lumberton and the baseball program to let the Athletic Director know EARLY, so as he might choose the BEST available coach there is. Knowing Coach Buff, he will be back coaching baseball soon, it just won't be next year. So for everyone on here knocking Coach Buff, Please stop, because he is a great coach, and will do whatever it takes to make a program successful. Maybe certain people need to wakeup look in the mirror, and realize that they may be the problem and not the coach. I am sure the younger kids will look to him for problems should they have some in the future, what I hear is that he will still be at Lumberton, just not coaching.

First off to Jsmity - No - I'm not a parent of any of the players! Just an out-of-state bystander that happened to be around for some of the games and MANY of Buffamonte's shenanigans!! He refused to show his players any respect, in fact thrived in undermining building any confidence that they need in probably the most influential part of their growing lives. Yet he demanded respect from them. You are not given respect...... YOU EARN IT....

Buffamonte let the Athletic Director know EARLY?!?! - that would be the same AD that is retiring this year and doesn't give a rat's patootie what happens??? Thank God all coaches with expectant wives don't quit the job they have wanted since they were 2 years old to be with their wife for their first child - we wouldn't even have sports then...... if his dad truly is sick - I wish his father well, but knowing of his father and his reputation - seems he would want his son to continue his life long dream.....

Not to defend anyone but a coach should not have to earn respect from a KID!! He should get it immediately. Anyone hired to do a job at that level has done enough in his life to demand the respect of a teenager. Im sure lumberton has a bright future and that the AD will hire someone to do the job that is qualified. With that in mind if the town will just get behind their coach and kids and stop all this jabber on line the team will be much better off

I agree respect at that level should be given to whoever is in charge. AS for the IDIOT bobette........I would suspect your one of those parent problems waiting to happen if you have not already been one. Your lack of respect is ridiculous. YOU need to keep your Outta town self, OUTTA TOWN......................No matter what YOU think the reason is, if the coach decided to put his family first over a JOB, then my hats off to him. Some things in life are more important than work, or coaching. If you cant see that, then off to the glue factory with ya. You work to live, not live to work........................

I agree respect at that level should be given to whoever is in charge. AS for the IDIOT bobette........I would suspect your one of those parent problems waiting to happen if you have not already been one. Your lack of respect is ridiculous. YOU need to keep your Outta town self' date=' OUTTA TOWN......................No matter what YOU think the reason is, if the coach decided to put his family first over a JOB, then my hats off to him. Some things in life are more important than work, or coaching. If you cant see that, then off to the glue factory with ya. You work to live, not live to work........................[/quote']

Never thought I would agree so completely with a post from BigRed! Best of luck to Coach Buff and his family.

This sounds a little harsh..........i thought this was a no bashing coaches, players, teams zone...........

I don't know the guy but can truly respect him for what he is giving up........I pray for those who are judging without ever been in his shoes..................I've taken direct care of my wifes mother for 5 years and we just lost her last year.............all the while rasing my kids and keeping the job i've been blessed with...........

But.....I guess its ok to have an opinion about another person.......... having never waken up in their bed............reality of the days desisions to be made creaping in instantly................thinking all day about what the best desions may be...............who those disitions might effect.........still remembering to feed and take care of yourself...........

Some of use need to stop trying to cram our feet in other peoples shoes and stay in our own closets and look at our selves in our own mirror before we start bashing others for making the best desition they felt they could make!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Coach Buffamonte

God Bless Besbolbenbedygud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many people are too jealous, or whatever the reason is, too make other people look bad so they can make themselves or someone else they like look good. People need to mind their own business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the only way some people can look good is to bash coaches, athletes, etc. I really use to respect this web site till the last few days.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder