Coach Buff Steps Down As Head Coach At Lumberton

First off i want to thank Coach Buff for contacting me on this. He has decided to step down as Head Coach at Lumbeton. He has a new Baby coming soon and wants to spend more time with his family. He will still teach there next year. Just wanted to say good luck to him and his family.

Let's see that makes two good coaches Coach Brevell and Coach Buff that has decided not to coach baseball anymore at Lumberton. I have witnessed a few Lumberton games, and I have to say I can see why they decided this. The fans at Lumberton the worst I have ever seen. They are very disrespectful. I wish Coach Buff the best, and I know he will enjoy raising his daughter. I hope the school's administration sees this and changes something or they will continue to lose good coaches.

What a loss for Lumberton's baseball program. I know he met with much adversity this season from players and parents judging by some of the threads on this board. I hope that had nothing to do with his decision. From what I hear, he was really on to something but his ideas on discipline, respect for self and the team were always met with resistance and controversy. I guess it is good news for the other 4A teams in the district, Lumberton will most likely remain in their current slump for years to come if they can't keep a good coach.

I had the pleasure of participating in many baseball camps as a kid under his dad (the original coach Buff) and he was actually my jr high football coach. If he was anything like his dad, and I am sure he was, Lumberton sure let a once in a lifetime coach get away.

Somebody could turn that job into a gold mine, so to speak:

1. It is a great baseball district. You play and coach against some of the best in the State.

2. Lumberton has enough tax base to financially support a committment.

3. Their younger age groups have been fairly successful so help is on the way to the HS program.

4. It would also be a great spring board -- you do good there, in that district and you can move up (although I'm not sure you'd want to after doing all that).

If they do it right, Lumberton should have a # of top applicants to choose from.

Obviously this has not been the product of couple of disciplinary issues that could be easily delt with. If this is 3 coaches in 3 years then there must be some serious incompetence at every level; the players(for acting the way they have, obviously), the parents for believing their childs stuff don't stink, and probably the admistration for not taking an administrative aproach to these apparently recurring issues. Were does the line get drawn??? They obviously want to turn their dissapointments into wins and that will be hard to do when everyone who posses the capability to do this doesnt want to come there because they have driven everyone else out.

Newton coach !!! He could not coach a little league team!!!!!!!! He won a weak district that had a three way tie and he has won 1 playoff game ( remember last years warren beat down in the first round) and now he is qualified to coach at the 4a level! Please!!!!! Those so called horrible lumberton parents will eat him alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dern kinda harsh don't you think. I think Lumberton should be happy if anyone would want that job. It is the toughest district with the worst players and apparently the worst parents. They don't compete in any of the sports. Seems like Lumberton would need a little league coach!!!

Well that might be about the lumberton parents if they are idiots, but lets not put a big emphasis on oh he is a 2A coach and he cant coach at a 4A school. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...........So we want to make the classification excuse fit when we want to use it and then disregard it at other times..(ie: 4a beating a 3a team or whatever).............If your a good coach you can be at a 1A school and come into the largest 5A in the state and still be a good effective coach...........Thats just the way it is.

Are you kin to the newton coach or what!!!! You may be his lawyer or his wife!! I just stated a view of what i have seen. If you ask me If a coach is in the playoffs and he is seeking another job his kids will not care about anything he says because he would not be there next year. I bet even if he was contacted for this job ( which i feel he is NOT qualified) he would not say a word to anyone, so where did you hear he was contacted for this job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think David Huggins at Kelly would be a great fit there. He played HS at Lumberton, so he is 'local'. He had an outstanding college career at both Gal. Comm. College and then McNeese before playing in the professional ranks. He is a pitcher and is one of the most knowlegeable people around about that. He is young and energetic and has taken Kelly to the playoffs both years he was there. Plus, he has handled the parents at Kelly so he has some experience in that area. Just a suggestion.... IF he'd take the job.

Personally' date=' I think David Huggins at Kelly would be a great fit there. He played HS at Lumberton, so he is 'local'. He had an outstanding college career at both Gal. Comm. College and then McNeese before playing in the professional ranks. He is a pitcher and is one of the most knowlegeable people around about that. He is young and energetic and has taken Kelly to the playoffs both years he was there. Plus, he has handled the parents at Kelly so he has some experience in that area. Just a suggestion.... IF he'd take the job.[/quote']

I dont think he is a Teacher he just coaches. Public schools can't hire a guy just to coach he also has to teach. I might be wrong on this but I think David has a job and does the Coaching on the side!

Buffamonte steps down because of the parents??? That's ridiculous. Why don't you check into why Buffamonte has only spent 1 year at all of the other coaching jobs he has had? Reckon he blames the parents at those schools too? I went to several of Lumberton's games and he was always more concerned about what was going on IN THE STANDS then what was happening on the FIELD!! He had a lot of great talent that it looked like he was "punishing" for his lack of ever having their abilities. I think that it is not a major loss for Lumberton - just a loss for the seniors that he didn't utilize to their advantage.

first off, im a player at lumberton and i liked coach buff and for some of us it sucked to see him go because were just starting to get used to him. Now were going to have to get to know a new coach and still hope to get a plyoff spot. for all the coaches that are reading this, most of the players or parents that gave coach buff a hard time were seniors or parents of seniors and will be gone next year. We will have a good and solid team next year with a lot of great young talent, so dont let the parents and the fans here make the decision for you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder