*Player of the Week...Branden Powell

You don't take a 19 game winning streak into the #1 ranked 3A teams back yard and call it a warm up game, this game was hyped up as the game of the year, #4 in 4A against #1 in 3A, you could tell by the amount of scouts that where there, 12 guns aimed at every pitch, now that's pressure, both teams wanted to win this game as much as any playoff game. Womack keep them off balanced all night.

Powell also had a great game this week.

Guest SWINGHARDINCASEYOUHITIT

Branden Powell should be player of the week.

LCM vs BC was a warm up game. Those scouts are at every BC game that Angelle pitches. It was LCM that hyped it so much.

Guest SWINGHARDINCASEYOUHITIT

Branden Powell should be player of the week.

LCM vs BC was a warm up game. Those scouts are at every BC game that Angelle pitches. It was LCM that hyped it so much.

If BC had pulled off the "W", we would still be hearing about it. I would say it was hyped equally by both teams. BC was the team with "posters" and the works. Scouts were there to watch more than Angelle. I agree Powell had a great game against Crosby, but props to Womack from LCM, if there were ever a week for co-Player of the Week honors, I would have to say this is it. LCM handled Crosby earlier last week and Crosby didn't even get to see the bears top 3 pitchers. This week should be a great test for Powell and the Indians against the hard hitting Cubs from Brenham. Best of luck to all our local teams still in the play-offs.

The LC-M vs BC game counted in Orange only...........Yes it was a great match up......Yes it had all the hype and feel of a "real" game............win streaks, D1 pitchers..........it had it all including a great pitching performance by Womack

BUT.........Powell's game counted Statewide.............NO HITTER in a playoff game should be no question who the player of the week should be............my vote to Powell

I hope they both have performances like they did last.....this week............good luck to all local teams still hunting!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder