Hamshire Fannett @ West Orange Stark

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TD, the reason I continue to get on here and state the facts is because this is a football forum for setx, and since wos is in setx they fall under that category.  If you don't like it don't read it.  I have never cursed or called anyone by name.  I have merely stated the facts.  Don't get mad at the truth.

TD, the reason I continue to get on here and state the facts is because this is a football forum for setx, and since wos is in setx they fall under that category.  If you don't like it don't read it.  I have never cursed or called anyone by name.  I have merely stated the facts.  Don't get mad at the truth.

Oh, I'm not mad at all. I just think once something has been said over and over, what good does it do to continue saying it. Surely you can come up with something else to say.

I also find it humorous that you think because the Bears gave up 30 something to Caney Creek that we should have scored more. I'm not agreeing with the OC or disagreeing with him but if you think that being a cross town rival doesn't make a difference or the fact that the field was wet or that the mindset of the kids were the same doesn't make a difference then I don't think you're looking at the whole picture. Not only that, how do you know Coach Hooks isn't over ruling him and making those calls??

Ok td, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on the lcm game because of the rivalry and the field conditions, but what about bay city?  Bay city is giving up about 34 points a game.  Better yet what about what about giddings last year.  You know all the college players that we lost that is the reason we cant score anymore, well last year we had those guys and only managed to score 12 points on giddings who gave up 28 the week after us and 35 two weeks after us.  I just dont think our oc gets the most out of our talent like the oc has done for years.  FYI td, back when I played, we didn't care if lcm was cross town rivals or not, or if the field was muddy, we badly beat the bears year in and year out. 

Ok td, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on the lcm game because of the rivalry and the field conditions, but what about bay city?  Bay city is giving up about 34 points a game.  Better yet what about what about giddings last year.  You know all the college players that we lost that is the reason we cant score anymore, well last year we had those guys and only managed to score 12 points on giddings who gave up 28 the week after us and 35 two weeks after us.  I just dont think our oc gets the most out of our talent like the oc has done for years.  FYI td, back when I played, we didn't care if lcm was cross town rivals or not, or if the field was muddy, we badly beat the bears year in and year out. 

I don't proclaim to be a football guy. I enjoy watching and I love any competition. I tseems to me that if each guy takes care of his assignment then the plays will work. I get the part about the Giddings game. I didn't understand it either but continuing to just trash this guy isn't helping the Mustangs at all. Again, do you know if Coach Hooks is changing the plays? Maybe the OC is calling something different and he's being over ruled!!!!!

Whatever the case, they have to lace 'em up and take care of their assignments on every play.

Did it ever occur to anybody that maybe WOS is working on some things that they may be struggling with.  I mean night and day teams from one half to another.  Sounds to me like they work on some things and turn it up when they really need to.  Its called preparing for the playoffs.  Their first couple of games is usually their only games to prepare for the playoffs except for maybe there game against silsbee and jasper of old. But i think kirbyville being pretty good should help also. 

On the other hand their playcalling hasnt just changed.  Its been like this for atleast the past 5-8 years. You would know that if you had been to all the games. The difference: playmakers. Look at Deon.  Alot of his scores were on busted plays that he made something happen.  Or the year before when he was a receiver and was able to come down with some passes that shouldnt have been thrown.  Same goes with ET, K. Franks, J. Franks., LD, V. Edwards, E. Enard etc... The play calling has been the same and wont change as they keep winning.  You stick with what works.  Even though its not what causes the wins they still win.  Hypolite with experience has the ability to do the same, along with a couple of their recievers.  So give them time and they will win with the same old playcalling.

Guest Coach From Years Past

I just want TD and 071904 to know that I did not, in any way, put KJB up to his post.  However I would say that the post is an accurate assesment of the situation at WOS.  THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOS had better score more than 35 in this game. No dead gum excuses for this low scoring crap.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami