Jasper vs Huffman SHSU Friday and Saturday

Guest etbu

Carthage has a great record again but there not as strong as last year. Trust me. Several Coaches have even said that. 2A Woodville had a no hitter against them the other night into the 6th inning. We'll see what happens.

Woodville also threw their ace against Carthage......but nevertheless' date=' an impressive perfomance....

West Columbia is pretty good from what Ive heard, but then again they lost to them.....After going back looking at Hufman's schedule, it looks like the most impressive wins they have had all year were those against BH...not that thats a bad thing, but i dont see how someone could argue that Jasper hasnt beaten anyone worth a flip, when Huffman hasnt beaten anyone much better than the teams Jasper has....[/quote']

I didn't say Jasper hasen't beaten anyone worth a flip.( I may have thought it , but I didn't type it :lol: ) I just pulling your leg.

Also you have to remember that Huffman hasn't had Bagley their Ace all year untill they unleashed him on BH.

Maybe so' date=' but NO 3A team will beat BC. Sorry![/quote']

I wouldn't go that far, ESPN. Yes, BC has the talent to take it all, no doubt. But that has been the case the last couple of years, yet BC has found a way to bow out of the the playoffs earlier than it should.

Maybe it is because situations like this where folks get caught looking two series ahead of the one they are playing.

Huffman is for real. And while Jasper has great pitching (no doubt). Bagley and Listi are right in that class and lest the Bulldog batters not think so, many of them will be returning to the bench via the K.

Guest Jody

Now here is a very true posting. Huffman has a good enough team to go all the way, if their bats hold-up. If they get past Lufkin Hudson, look out. Jasper is not even in the same class, just my opinion.

Guest etbu

Yea here we are and I will do a little. What up? Until we win our first playoff game in years there is no talking. Now where were we?

Guest etbu

Huffman finally beats BH for a district championship and BH fans don them Reg. III champs. Gotta love it.

Second shot taken by you today. What is your angle if you dont mind me asking? I dont know why you have the "REDS" for Huffman but we have said nothing about you or your team. What high school team do you Coach?

Guest etbu

I coach no school' date=' but I find it funny that these BH fans have declared Jasper an easy victory for Huffman.[/quote']

Dont take it out on us. Last I checked we were both taken out by OF last year.Well let me say this on behalf of the Bh fans. BhFan and I do hang out from time to time. He and Jody came and watched the last time we played them. Jody is good friends with one of our players father so that may be the connection. I think alot of the comments are tongue and check.

the comment that Jasper wasnt even in the same league or class as Huffman...thats what got me....

now of course no one from Huffman said that, so It really doesnt matter....but Huffman doesnt need BH fans to come on here and proclaim their greatness...everyone knows theyre doing that to make themselves look better because they were beaten by them twice this year.

Guest etbu

Hey JDawg I just noticed you had a add up for some houses over here and I am getting the wife to check them out. We are looking for another house anyway. Thanks Ha Ha

Guest etbu

I could have sworn I saw some houses for sale in Walden and Huffman now nothing. :oops: :oops: What i get for hanging out with the Huntington folks and breathing their funny smokes. :lol:

Guest Orangeboy

Let those BH fans talk their crap. They'll find out who their daddy is this weekend when Silsbee lays the smack down on them. Go get'em Dawgs.

I could have sworn I saw some houses for sale in Walden and Huffman now nothing. :oops: :oops: What i get for hanging out with the Huntington folks and breathing their funny smokes. :lol:

you did...this thing uses google ads...its reads the content on the pages and then matches the ads up...

Let those BH fans talk their crap. They'll find out who their daddy is this weekend when Silsbee lays the smack down on them. Go get'em Dawgs.

I think I heard that last time we played Silsbee. Almost exactly something like Schooling will be BH's Daddy , Result BH 4 Silsbee 0 :lol:

This will be a good seris ,but no one will be dominated IMHO

After watching the Jasper - Rusk game last night...it will not get ugly either way, in my opinion.

Huffman does have significant depth at pitching. The ace from Huffman was out most of the season with a broken foot. He returned after 6 weeks off and was consistently at 92 mph on his fastball. The select players in the area have faced him and know well he throws smoke that moves...and has a deadly curve and changeup to compliment.

The workhorse for the season is a RH junior that is also very difficult to hit. His only loss came in extra innings after throwing a CG against West Columbia....by a hit in the bottom of the 8th...lost 2-1.

It should be fun.

Interesting to note that Jasper insisted on a flip for the game format as they wanted a one game do or die.

if this one goes 3 games....I say Huffman will take it.

However, being a Huffman fan....my expectations are simple....let's win one playoff game...and then take them one at a time.

welcome perfectshot....

yes Jasper wanted a one game matchup...that is because they could have thrown Alvis the whole game..which would give them a really good chance of winning

Since it is a series, it comes down to Jasper's Pitching...If their other pitchers can perform above par, then they can win the series...but thats the only way...they need good pitching from their other guys and solid defense....

both teams can hit the ball very well....

Guest Jody

See I knew we would be misunderstood. It's not a love for Huffman, it's a complete dislike for any team East of the Trinity River. :D

Jasper goes down in two games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83