Deweyville @ Burkeville predictions?

D-villefan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest football09

schedule means aot when they play hardin there going to have there work cut out for them I will tell you that right now.......they haven't played a team that as a offense like hardin....hardin could win by 3 tds.........

yall aren't last years team I can tell you that.......and this district isn't like year alot of improved teams......

You seem to know alot about the 2007 Pirates, have you seen them play this year?  If so, then you would not be making such ignorant statements as this one, obviously this is not last years team, that's right, however, this years team will do quite well in District 24AA, you can talk on a message board, the Pirates will do their talking on the field.

What's your problem with Deweyvilles schedule, they just play who's scheduled, they have no control over the schedule, why don't you address your fixation with Deweyvilles schedule with the Coach/AD. Get over it dude, and move on. Geez.

I could care less who Deweyville plays.Your exactly right thats the coaches and ad's decision.I was not slamming D-ville just giving my honest opinion.Beating small overmatched teams is not going to prepare them for their district schedule.They have made the playoffs 2 years in a row so they should have strengthed there schedule this year for there own good.If they choose not to do that its fine with me.I can tell you this 4-0 in non district action won't mean anything to EC,Buna,Hardin,Kountze,Anahuac or Warren.I just think after you get your program turned around you benefit from a little tougher competition.

I could care less who Deweyville plays.Your exactly right thats the coaches and ad's decision.I was not slamming D-ville just giving my honest opinion.Beating small overmatched teams is not going to prepare them for their district schedule.They have made the playoffs 2 years in a row so they should have strengthed there schedule this year for there own good.If they choose not to do that its fine with me.I can tell you this 4-0 in non district action won't mean anything to EC,Buna,Hardin,Kountze,Anahuac or Warren.I just think after you get your program turned around you benefit from a little tougher competition.

The schedule they play has worked just fine the last two years by making the playoffs, I could care less what the other teams think of the Pirates schedule including you, the teams still suit up and play on Friday night, and who they played in week one or two won't make a hill of beans when they line up between the lines and strap it on during District play.  You sound like you are sour on Deweyville, you really should support your team if you have one and stop bashing others, it just shows how small of a person you are!

Didn't realize I had to agree with you to be a big person.I have never bashed D-ville,just said a weak schedule wouldn't help them.I stand by that opinion.I do think you are wrong about the preseason schedule not meaning anything.Things that work now may not work against a little stronger teams.I yell for all the 24aa clubs on a weekly basis before district starts and will continue to do so.Iguess we will just have to disagree on this one.By the way I picked D-ville by 50 how can that be considered downing them?

Didn't realize I had to agree with you to be a big person.I have never bashed D-ville,just said a weak schedule wouldn't help them.I stand by that opinion.I do think you are wrong about the preseason schedule not meaning anything.Things that work now may not work against a little stronger teams.I yell for all the 24aa clubs on a weekly basis before district starts and will continue to do so.Iguess we will just have to disagree on this one.By the way I picked D-ville by 50 how can that be considered downing them?

I could care less if you agree with me or not, your own words condem you when it comes to Deweyville.  Fact is this schedule has worked the last two years for Deweyville by making the playoffs, so your opinion is just that, yours and wrong.  Have some facts to back up your words.

Pre-season schedules are made as tune-up games before the ones that count are played. I think there are two ways to look at these games, and I think who ever made this schedule looks at it as a way to build a smaller 2a team getting some confidence by some early wins. I don't think playing bigger 3a schools, which means better competition, and larger,stronger players would do much for confidence building, and getting players hurt at this point, is really POINT- LESS as well. I would like to have seen a game against Orange field or Hardin Jeff thrown in, just to see where we stand against teams similar to our district, but that may be why they threw the Vinton game in. I've seen last years team as well as this year play and I have to say I think that this years team is as good, maybe better in some ways,  like defense. And I can definately tell this years team plays with much more intencity and pride than last year, that in it self goes a long way. As far as Burkeville, well, I think they feel like they have to come close to matching the Buna game, so anything by 40 points should do.I say 42-0 Deweyville ;D

Your right Steelrcrazy don't know what I was thinking disagreeing with you .The Pirates will roll thru the non district schedule undefeated and then plow thru the rest of the district.The previous 2 year schedule has worked wonders for D-Ville and the rest of the district is way down this year.You should be a lock.

Your right Steelrcrazy don't know what I was thinking disagreeing with you .The Pirates will roll thru the non district schedule undefeated and then plow thru the rest of the district.The previous 2 year schedule has worked wonders for D-Ville and the rest of the district is way down this year.You should be a lock.

Dude you've got problems, if you can't handle being wrong, then post FACTS, not random wishes or thoughts.  And don't start acting out like a little kid when you are called out, it doesn't become you.

OK dude I will post some facts.Deweyville got the 3rd playoff spot last year by beating Warren 29-26 at Deweyville to go 4-2 in district .With losses to EC and Buna.The Pirates had a dominating ground game last year in Justin Williams ,they no longer have him.Fact is Deweyville and Warren lost very good running backs from last years clubs and will be down a little in that department.They scheduled Vinton this year to replace a Cathedral team they beat 76-0(good move on there part).I did not down DVille in the post.I made a prediction that D-Ville will beat BVille by 50.I think they will.I also think they have a pretty good club that would benefit from a tougher non district schedule.They could compete with the Orangefield's and HJ'S on the football field and in my opinion would then be better prepared to play teams like they are going to face after this week.Do you honestly think the teams your playing now are gonna get you prepared for EC,Buna,Hardin or any of the rest of the district muchless clubs like Corrigan or Newton?

OK dude I will post some facts.Deweyville got the 3rd playoff spot last year by beating Warren 29-26 at Deweyville to go 4-2 in district .With losses to EC and Buna.The Pirates had a dominating ground game last year in Justin Williams ,they no longer have him.Fact is Deweyville and Warren lost very good running backs from last years clubs and will be down a little in that department.They scheduled Vinton this year to replace a Cathedral team they beat 76-0(good move on there part).I did not down DVille in the post.I made a prediction that D-Ville will beat BVille by 50.I think they will.I also think they have a pretty good club that would benefit from a tougher non district schedule.They could compete with the Orangefield's and HJ'S on the football field and in my opinion would then be better prepared to play teams like they are going to face after this week.Do you honestly think the teams your playing now are gonna get you prepared for EC,Buna,Hardin or any of the rest of the district muchless clubs like Corrigan or Newton?

Again WHasylum let me state the FACTS to you, not uninformed opinions.  Deweyville's running game has not missed a beat this year with Soph K. Addision running behind a much improved offensive line, so again your WRONG.  The last 2 years schedule has worked well enough to get us into the playoffs, so again I guess your WRONG.  Playing bigger schools when your a small 2A is the decision of the AD/Coach who is alot more informed than you are about his team.  And unless you've attended a Deweyville game this year or know the system they play in, your opinions are uniformed and WRONG.  I guess your still upset at losing last year to Deweyville, get over it and move on.

Every coach has his reasons, including the Deweyville coach for playing who they play. Confidence, maybe. Letting his back-ups get a feel for the game, possibly. Its like 4 weeks of practice against a slightly tougher version than their own JV. You have less chance for injury against these weaker schools too. I'm not going to knock them. They have been in the playoffs the last few years. Lets see how this year pans out.

That being said. Deweyville big. 48-12 or better. The ajax men will get a lot of playing time in the 2nd half.

Pre-season schedules are made as tune-up games before the ones that count are played. I think there are two ways to look at these games, and I think who ever made this schedule looks at it as a way to build a smaller 2a team getting some confidence by some early wins. I don't think playing bigger 3a schools, which means better competition, and larger,stronger players would do much for confidence building, and getting players hurt at this point, is really POINT- LESS as well. I would like to have seen a game against Orange field or Hardin Jeff thrown in, just to see where we stand against teams similar to our district, but that may be why they threw the Vinton game in. I've seen last years team as well as this year play and I have to say I think that this years team is as good, maybe better in some ways,  like defense. And I can definately tell this years team plays with much more intencity and pride than last year, that in it self goes a long way. As far as Burkeville, well, I think they feel like they have to come close to matching the Buna game, so anything by 40 points should do.I say 42-0 Deweyville ;D

They wouldn't have to play 3A schools.  There is an entire 2A district just a little to the north. 

Dude steelerczy are you seriously getting this upset ::)?  The preseason schedule of deweyvilles isn't going to prepare them for EC or Buna ect. :'(, and if they pull out of district to go to the play-offs (which they might or might not) then they really wont be prepared to go to deep.  That isn't knocking the team or you or the coach or the town or little bobby the water boy ;D, that is just the truth, and sure their schedule got them to the playoffs last year but how far did they go? :-X  I was there it was one (FREEZING COLD :'( (i'm speaking only of the weather not the actual playing)) round. With that said, LeTs Go PiRaTeS!!!  :o  (i really do hope they do well)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder