Hull Daisetta @ Buna Predictions

Guest Tha Unit

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game since the O-Field game, someone has gotten on here and said "Burkeville", or "Tarkington", and now "Hull" was gonna hang tough with Buna.  Wake up boys...It remains to be seen if Buna can beat the 'big boys' of 2A in SE Texas...but you better recognize that they are in that group.  This aint your grandpa's Buna.  They will take Hull to the woodshed.  And, after the physical wupin they gave them last year, you can bet the kids from Hull aren't looking forward to it.  They have tough kids at Hull and they will put on a stiff upper-lip, but they will be glad when this week is past.  Someone on the Tarkington sideline last week made this statement..."Heck they lost 6 fumbles in the first half, if they could have held on to the football they may have scored 100!"

Guest bleed orange

Buna is a very good team. Their non district slate is weak. Come on, OF, Burkville, Tarkington and now HD. I think they will do well in district but they did not prepare themselfs for the playoff's. They(Buna) will make the playoff's. I think they can beat EC. But every year the teams in this district go nowhere. They get beat in the first or second round and this year will be no different. The district is weak just like 21 3A and 22 4A. This is a down year for southeast Texas. I hope I am wrong.  ???

WHAT? this district is weak? Have you checked the records of this disrtict ? As far play-offs; East Chambers lost a pretty close game to Mart last year who won state. And sure Buna lost big to Newton, but so did everyone else last year.Overall I see this 2a district along with the 2a district just to the north of us as 2 of the best in state from top to bottom. As far as this game, Buna's offence is too much for HD (Buna 52 HD 6)

Why does everyone rip on them for playing a weak schedule?? Tarkington is having a down year. There are years that they are pretty darn tough and competitive for a playoff spot in their 3-A district. H-D was in Buna's district a few years ago, and they have back and forth battle of who won each year. Like I said in the Deweyville thread, the coach has their own reasons for doing what they do and scheduling who they play. Buna is good this year, but they are catching a lot of crap for beating schools by a bundle (who are suddenly perceived as bad) recently instead of getting praised for winning and being good.

Guest bleed orange

Only time will tell. I hope I am wrong. Just looking at history. I would like nothing better to see a southeast Texas team win state. But that has not been the case for a long time. Times have changed and basketball is the number 1 sport right now in southeast Texas.

Why does everyone rip on them for playing a weak schedule?? Tarkington is having a down year. There are years that they are pretty darn tough and competitive for a playoff spot in their 3-A district. H-D was in Buna's district a few years ago, and they have back and forth battle of who won each year. Like I said in the Deweyville thread, the coach has their own reasons for doing what they do and scheduling who they play. Buna is good this year, but they are catching a lot of crap for beating schools by a bundle (who are suddenly perceived as bad) recently instead of getting praised for winning and being good.

HD has never been in Buna's district because Buna has always been 3A and Daisetta was always 2A. 

WHAT? this district is weak? Have you checked the records of this disrtict ? As far play-offs; East Chambers lost a pretty close game to Mart last year who won state. And sure Buna lost big to Newton, but so did everyone else last year.Overall I see this 2a district along with the 2a district just to the north of us as 2 of the best in state from top to bottom. As far as this game, Buna's offence is too much for HD (Buna 52 HD 6)

This district is mighty weak compared to Newton's district.  Newton plays schools 3 times their size and usually wins.

I have to agree with you 87Pirate. Kountze and Buna are very physical this year. EC is always tough and Deweyville is not that far behind.  Would love to see someone in this district go a few rounds.

Guest ECBucFan

I meant to leave them out.  My apologies.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Some others have a real ax to grind against EC, (It boarders on obsession) and it make themselves look real bad and naive. Im glad your not like that. Thanks again...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder