5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A???? Too much emphasis being placed on school classification?

Guest ECBucFan

remember on this board regardless of the acceptable topic and as long as we present and discuss the FACTS we are going to be okay.

BC, MG, I just wanted to state for the record: I was just totally having fun here. Honest! There was absolutly no ill intent behind anything said here by me, nor was any percieved at all by either of you. I hope there will be no misunderstandings! I enjoyed this little thread!

well if a 2a kills a 1a team it is always because they are a 2a, it is never because they had a jam up game...in the examiner it says that buna is now playing schools that are not their size. we are a large 2a but so far we have not played a team with less kids on the sidelines. bigger school fewer atheletes is the case in alot of teams.

Guest ECBucFan

Forget some trumped up computer program that the programmer likes to think can predict game outcomes.  Name one 5A school that a 1A school can beat.

That computer is pretty darn accurate! Check it out against real scores, you'll definitley see what I mean. A 5A school? Good example above: 1A Alto would soundly beat Baytown Sterling. I would bet my paycheck on it (if I was a betting man).

i can think of 2 3A teams that im pretty sure could beat any 5A team of all time... or at least make quite a game out of it... the winner being decided by only a few points...

1983 Daingerfield

1992 South Lake Carroll

these two teams could probably beat any team from any year in any classification...

i bet in 1983 Daingerfield could have won the 5A state title... same thing for South Lake in 1992

im not saying that there are lots of teams out there that could do it, but it can happen... 1A to 5A is a bit of a stretch, but it could happen... ALTO for example is a very good team, i could see them beating several 4A's and maybe some 5A's

I'm sure you could find a 1a school with more talent than a certain 5a schoosl. Some times the most talented athletes are at the facility but don't play football. It's up to the coach to recruit the athletes. I really don't know what kind of talent walks the halls of Baytown Sterling.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder