A Beaumont High School

Guest WBFan09

How good would a Beaumont High School be? (Stump has to be HC...sorry)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How good would a Beaumont High School be? (Stump has to be HC...sorry)

• Top 5 team in the State
    • Top 6-10 team in the State
    • Top 11-25 team in the State
    • Average Nothing Special
    • The Best in Texas

Beaumont used to have six high schools: Beaumont High, French, Charlton Pollard, Hebert, Forest Park, and South Park. They have since combined down to 2 (before Ozen) and it was nothing to write home about. I won't say it's impossible, but just because you combine the "talent", doesn't guarantee wins. That has already been proven. It takes years to get all the athletes on the same page, from the feeders and such.

Beaumont used to have six high schools: Beaumont High, French, Charlton Pollard, Hebert, Forest Park, and South Park. They have since combined down to 2 (before Ozen) and it was nothing to write home about. I won't say it's impossible, but just because you combine the "talent", doesn't guarantee wins. That has already been proven. It takes years to get all the athletes on the same page, from the feeders and such.

Coaching is everything. Westbrook had Durley,one of the best inthe state. French had great assistants around Shavers. Vanover was one of the best.

Everyones talking about how they tried it in Port Arthur...think of it this way...PAM has not too many kids for 5A but if we had a Beaumont HS we would have 5000 kids plus

You also have to think about the "hiearchy" in BISD...

Just because you combine all the schools does not gauranty success....

The school would have one of the richest talent bases in Texas, but the school politics would kill any chance for sustained success....

West Brook won state it's first year, since then ????

BISD and the administration and politics that exists within it is the largest reason why this school wouldn't have sustained success....

The same reason why PAM isn't always successful.

PAISD is not much better.

Just too much politics involved between the athletic program and the the administration program.

It's ashame this exists, because without a doubt some of the state's best talent is found in these cities, but the politics just kill any chance for success.

most kids will go to kelly for a chance to start and play

Coming to Kelly makes you an automatic starter? ???  hmmmmmmm...if i remember, stump recruited Kelly's qb and a couple others when he went to west brook........

one high school in Beaumont...a gang-banging mess

You also have to think about the "hiearchy" in BISD...

Just because you combine all the schools does not gauranty success....

The school would have one of the richest talent bases in Texas, but the school politics would kill any chance for sustained success....

West Brook won state it's first year, since then ????

BISD and the administration and politics that exists within it is the largest reason why this school wouldn't have sustained success....

The same reason why PAM isn't always successful.

PAISD is not much better.

Just too much politics involved between the athletic program and the the administration program.

It's ashame this exists, because without a doubt some of the state's best talent is found in these cities, but the politics just kill any chance for success.

I believe you just hit the nail on the head.....and it really is a shame. I believe the schools in BISD could really compete for state titles year in year out, but the administration doesn't seem to want to rally behind our athletic programs. Maybe they should take some helpful hints from the folks up there in the Southlake ISD!

I believe you just hit the nail on the head.....and it really is a shame. I believe the schools in BISD could really compete for state titles year in year out, but the administration doesn't seem to want to rally behind our athletic programs. Maybe they should take some helpful hints from the folks up there in the Southlake ISD!

SLC is a bad example.  They were 3A when they one their first title.  No segregated schools.  No railroad tracks.  One ISD instead of 3(SP, Beaumont, and yes, French).  2 highschools didn't work because all the resources were in the West End so why do you think 1 school would work????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• So buddy is the OC and AD and you have a head football coach interesting 
    • FBC transfer most likely will. He’s already been on several recruiting visits and has been looking decent on the camp circuit for only being a freshman. I don’t think his family will let him sit past this year though.   JV kid is decent but he’s not really anybody I think you want to rely on competing against good teams with. He has some moxie but he’s smallish and doesn’t have a lot of arm talent. I think he would stay and be a backup no matter what or switch positions if the FBC kid stays. 
    • Oh an institution can move away from God, and the USA is running away from God.  I am not trying to chase you off - this is a free site.  I just wish people would be more open to alternative view points.  The devil wants to sow division.  Nice to hear you admit that God is love.  I generally try to stay off this side of the site - would much rather talk baseball and small town sports.
    • I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  
    • It’s always funny to me when present day republicans start talking about what 19th century republicans did, because you’re absolutely right.  Point it out and they get mad, though.  And I vote Republican 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Topics