Just Wondering?

ballhogz

Should HS Soccer Teams be required to have photo id's for players like Club Teams? 

Only if every other player in every other UIL event (not just sport) had to show one before a game or contest.

Soccer gets scrutinized enough as it is by the suits in Austin.  No other sport has suspension rules like soccer does for its yellow and red card count.  Can you imagine the uproar from the basketball coaches if there was a proposal to suspend a player if he had fouled out of three contests throughout the season.

hmmm.... well they should.... but you might find that alot of schools might not have the kind of numbers afterwards...

;D  That's wrong!  Just plain wrong!    ;D

i do know this... i graduated in 2001, and in 2003 went back to watch a game. the ref, who had officiated me dozens of times during my high school career, was surprised when he saw me in street clothes, and asked why i wasn't playing.  it would have been pretty easy to cheat, had i and the coach wanted to.  i also know when we played some houston schools in tourneys there were foreign born players who looked like they might be 30.  i think this would be a good idea, because it wouldn't affect the game in a negative way.  it would, however, ensure fairness in competition.

Yeah I think that they would be an improvement, but for UIL to make at least 1,000 ID's, doesn't sound like something that they would do unless there was a huge surge in the number of atheletes who were illegally playing soccer for a highschool, or there was the switch of uniforms in the state tournament. Because that is the only way it would get recognitition and the need for those cards realized.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder