Where is he now? He was a jock in his prime.

BigWolf10

Mike Webster former Hall Of Fame center lived on the street and in fact is he still alive? Some of his former teammates had to pay his way to the Hall I think.

Mike Webster passed away within the passed three years.  He had several mental issues.  They were linked to his playing days( head to head contact)  Very sad story.  We place these guys on a pedestal and when they quit playing nobody cares what happens to them.

Mike Webster passed away within the passed three years.  He had several mental issues.  They were linked to his playing days( head to head contact)  Very sad story.  We place these guys on a pedestal and when they quit playing nobody cares what happens to them.

Shermdog...You are correct. Also, #52 Webster had addiction problems on top of his mental issues. As much as I disliked the Steelers back in the 70's, he was a great center for that team.

Also, Kip Cooper was killed last week in Beaumont. He was a high profile player for the "Another one Bites the Dust" 1980 TJ Football team. He was supposed to play for the Texas Longhorns along with Dodge and Duhon. His future was very bright. If I'm correct, he played DE for TJ.

Guest ballfan

Jorrie Adams of jasper was an all american out of high school and seemed to be headed for greatness at texas a&m but he got busted for drugs. was back in jaspe for a while and i even heard he went to prison for a couple of months and now i hear he is goin to some small school to play football.

Jorrie Adams of jasper was an all american out of high school and seemed to be headed for greatness at texas a&m but he got busted for drugs. was back in jaspe for a while and i even heard he went to prison for a couple of months and now i hear he is goin to some small school to play football.

You are right. sad. the perfect NFL prospect if he would have just stayed outta trouble.

Now for the "rest of the story"as Paul Harvey would say.Jessie Wolf-great high school player,went on to play college and professional football.He was later elected as the first black sheriff in Tyler County.Stand up guy from a very good family.

this is true..and what about his brother??  what was his name?  he also wears a superbowl ring.  saw him in Beaumont several years ago at a defensive driving course. ???  he was a Beaumont City bus driver

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83