**LaMarque 19 PN-G 0 Final/Comments**

These announcers are dummies.  I don't care if LM wins 3-0, a win is a win.  No need to run up the score to impress the pollsters.  They keep winning, they'll maintain their ranking.

I will say this:  they'll have to play better to beat Ball and or Pearland....

I would assume you are assuming they are holding back and the play of PN-G's defense has nothing to do with the score. *bleep*

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so, maybe not. But that has no bearing on tonight. A loss is a loss, but I do not think LM could have ran up any score. We killed ourselves with penalties, turnovers and poor field position. LM is the better team, but this was not the outcome most expected with it only 12-0 in 4th quarter.

Ha ha ha , you want to fight now?  ::)  This is a message board, and half your posts are made out of ignorance induced by your hatred of MC. Get over it.

If you're man enough to call me name, you ought to be man enough to back it up, or do you wear a skirt???

Guys chill out. PNG defense looked impressive. #2 for LM killed them on a couple big plays. I just got back from the game. The game was closer than the score. LM defense was good as well. PNG killed themselves with penalties. I'm proud of PNG, they showed up to play defense. The offense is going to be question mark I think.

Guys chill out. PNG defense looked impressive. #2 for LM killed them on a couple big plays. I just got back from the game. The game was closer than the score. LM defense was good as well. PNG killed themselves with penalties. I'm proud of PNG, they showed up to play defense. The offense is going to be question mark I think.

I saw LM win the semi's last year with only 68 yards of total O.  Imagine how Clements felt when they saw the stats

Hey, we stayed with them most of the game. Ask anyone that was there. But, you never had that deep down feeling when the Offense was on the field because of our penalties. We marched it down the field on them in the first half to like the 15 yard line, but by the time it was 4th down, we had to go 30 yards to get a first down. I would love to see the penalties we had in the game. I'm not knocking LM, but it would've been a whole lot closer if we could've stopped the penalties. #2 for LM is like a jet. Also, QB Tatum looked shaky tonight, BUT when he was on our WR's dropped the ball. Oh well, we'll be ready for Crosby next week.

now all i wanna say is can we have the repsect of  cause if you werent there we played a better game than the what the score was...ask the LM players  we put up a good fight  just beat ourself with all the penalties...if we would have taken them away  we would have scored about 3 or 4 times  just can we get the respect of playin a veryyy good game against LM

No, this was NOT a blow-out as the nay-sayers predicted.  No one gave PNG a snowball chance in Hades of hanging in there with the #1 team in the state.  And, considering PNG's picked 3rd or 4th IN THEIR DISCTRICT, I'm impressed with the way they handled LM tonight. 

Way to go Indians!

HERES THE YARDS AND FIRST DOWNS

LM          PNG

Rushing yards                    236                   94         

Passing Yards                     95                    114

Total Yards                       331                   208

First Downs                       15                     11

It was an awsome game...cant wait for PNG to get into to district

Take away a couple of long runs by LM #2 and the stats would be almost equal. I think he scored on like a 85 yard TD run.

I thought yall should've threw to #81 more. He had a mitch match on him all day. But give are take they really didnt dominate yall at all. The score dont tell the truth of how well yall played them. #33 is a work horse. He has a much needed mean streak in him. good game fellas, and hold yalls heads up.

Port Neches-Groves    La Marque

Total yards          240                296

First downs            9                  14

Rushes/Yds          32/117              33/204

Average rush          3.66              6.18

Comp/Atts            10/22              9/20

Pass yards            123                  92

Comp pct              45.45                45

Punts                    5                      3

Punting Yards        156                  100

Punting Average        31.2              33.33

Fumbles/Lost        3/2                1/1

I thought PN-G looked like an improved team tonight. LaMarque did not impress me at all on offense. Other than #2 they did not have much. Their defense really tightened up when PN-G looked like they would score on several occasions. Tatum did not have his best game tonight, but I think he is talented and the Indians do have some weapons. Doty, Barnett, and Johnson are capable receivers and both tailbacks looked solid as well. PN-G will be in the thick of the playoff race if they can cut down on their penalties.

These announcers are dummies.  I don't care if LM wins 3-0, a win is a win.  No need to run up the score to impress the pollsters.  They keep winning, they'll maintain their ranking.

I will say this:  they'll have to play better to beat Ball and or Pearland....

which announcers would you be referring to my friend?  The audio web cast done by Coogs Sports Net on the internet or ?  I am always one to listen to my critics.  If one doesn't, he can never improve.  I would like to know

No, this was NOT a blow-out as the nay-sayers predicted.  No one gave PNG a snowball chance in Hades of hanging in there with the #1 team in the state.  And, considering PNG's picked 3rd or 4th IN THEIR DISCTRICT, I'm impressed with the way they handled LM tonight. 

Way to go Indians!

PNG Proud, you are right.  PNG played a very tough game.  Both teams showed signs of first game jitters and first game mistakes due to learning a new offense. I had the pleasure of being at the loading dock under Reliant Stadium loading up my video/audio equipment.  The rain was unstoppable. Both teams were also loading up equipment in that area and the players were mulling around eating pizza and sandwiches provided by both teams. You could sense the respect both teams had for each other.  No trash talk, each team even offered to share a meal with the other.  I was offered help by a PNG player, who I think was the center for PNG.  Massive young man who was a pure gentleman.  They spotted my '06 championship ring.  I took it off and handed it to them to look at.  Nothing but positive comments were spoken from the PNG players.  This my friend is what makes La Marque stronger as the season goes along. Playing teams of the caliper of PNG with a rich tradition and having never quit till the clock struck 00:00.

My hats off to you PNG,  you have a good group of young men that I respect, because they are a class act.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami