Will Ned. be able to stop Roberson?

Poehlmann, a 6-7, 255-pound tackle who committed to the University of Texas during the offseason, will be lining up against another Longhorns commitment in Nederland defensive end Dravannti Johnson, a 6-3, 220-pounder who is listed with a 4.6-second 40-yard dash time.

This ought to be the featured matchup.

In short, no.  Plus the Ice Creamers have a UT commit @TE so Mr OLB will be in for a long night.  FYI, when Lincoln played those Ice Creamers when Limas Sweed as a junior, they ran unbalanced right, toss sweep all night long so running is nothing new to Brenham.....

Not saying that the guy isn't good, because I am sure he is a heck of an athlete. But, Brenham struggled running the ball against PN-G last season and I do not remember this back. I am sure he is skilled and quick though. Brenham had plenty of speed, ran the spread, and had a great passing game. From what I read in Brenham's newspaper, their passing game is what the coach has been most proud of and he pointed out that they need to improve a lot in the run game and on D. So, from what seems to be our sterngth and weakness through the first two scrimmages, I am much more concerned about our 2ndary containing the pass because that is our main weakness in my opinion. I am also concerned about our running game if Bass does not play. If he doesn't I hope we see some I-formation sprinkled running Gutierrez and sprinkle in the spread as well. If we don't get some semblance of a running game going this week then we are in for a log night I am afraid.

It amazes me how many "4.4" kids there seem to be these days.  That's world class speed.  I am certain that this kid is very fast and elusive, but if you listen to this board, 4.4 guys are a dime a dozen and I somehow doubt the realism of that.  It seems to me that everyone's times are a bit exagerated.

It amazes me how many "4.4" kids there seem to be these days.  That's world class speed.  I am certain that this kid is very fast and elusive, but if you listen to this board, 4.4 guys are a dime a dozen and I somehow doubt the realism of that.  It seems to me that everyone's times are a bit exagerated.

I agree!  There have been more 4.4 times posted on this site from our locals than they have in the entire NFL...... ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami