LUMBERTON FOOTBALL IN 2006?

• 2 weeks later...

Lumberton is growing fast, and hopefully with that will come some athletic success in football, basketball, etc.

I remember when Fuller cam to Lumberton, people were very excited and people thought he was going to lead the Raider to the playoffs.

Speaking of development in Lumberton, is this actually being done? Retail space, offices, a movie theatre, etc???

http://www.lumbertontexas.com/images/commercial/050305_24x30%20SITE%20Render.jpg

I drove around in Lumberton the other day, and sooo much of the land has been cleared and a lot of things being built.

I have to agree with the comments on 5A status for the Raiders. Although Lumberton is without a doubt the fastest growing community in SE Texas, they are also the smallest school in District 22-4A. I think they will have a virtual lock on being a very large 4A team like we have been competing against for years. The future looks very good and Coach Credeur is the man for the job. Given a chance Credeur can turn this program around fast.

I do aggree with you Coach Mike......BUT..... The school size doesnt really make that much of a difference untill 5A....... The # of players on the team has more to do with success as far as competition with size..... It does make a little difference though...not enough for it to be used as an excuse for losing though( and I am saying that you said that, I just wanted to let that out)

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

If the new Coach will stick around they'll be contenders in a few years with a growing community like that.

• 2 years later...

There could be some raised brows this year as the new head coach and AD brings a new spirit and attitude to the smallest school in 22-4A. Yes, his sophomore team this past has not lost a real game in 4 years, but this year will be tough going against some of the best schools in Texas and their returning seniors. 2007 will be Lumbertons coming out party.

Here is another blast from the past....

Looks like "Coach Mike" call that one dead on. Been many, many years in the making!  Keep that L-Train chugging

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124