LUMBERTON FOOTBALL IN 2006?

The Lumberton Raiders are going to be ready to knock some heads off next year. They have 19 returning letterman 10 on offense and 9 on defense The QB was 2nd in district as a sophomore and there best WR is returning and he is also a sophomore and he was 1st in district. They have another sophomore returning on D which was awarded newcomer and he is the real deal. They have 3 lineman returning which are very legit and the up coming JV team has been undefeated since their 7th grade year. They have one of if not the best DB in the district in Jeremy Garza returning and with the new coach Credeur these Raiders are going to be a very tough competitor in this district and are looking to make the playoffs for the first time in school history :lol:

Their QB was second in district how? I think Lumberton will be improved, but what did you mean by that? From the stats I see, there were six QBs in the current district (Ozen, Dayton, PN-G, Nederland, LC-M, Central) who were ahead of him in passing stats. So really he was second to the bottom of the district. With Dayton coming in, I don't think Lumberton has a chance at the playoffs this year, but possibly heading a step in the right direction.

actually WOS92!! Dayton wasnt even in Lumbertons district last year so get your stats straight and check again beause we have the right sources which are kept by the district. We will see how they compete you all just get ready for some upsets!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

There could be some raised brows this year as the new head coach and AD brings a new spirit and attitude to the smallest school in 22-4A. Yes, his sophomore team this past has not lost a real game in 4 years, but this year will be tough going against some of the best schools in Texas and their returning seniors. 2007 will be Lumbertons coming out party.

yeah lumberton has a few coming back from last year, so what, they didn't do squat last year. the year before that, the year before that, the year before that, this could go on and on for a really long time

they will finish right below vidor, which will be two from the bottom!

I agree with ya Lumberton has changed a lot over the past few years...............Well time will tell on the football there..........If they have the same attitude they do in football they had on the baseball forum YIKES.................They have potential to be good.............but the other teams in the district are proven and have excellent traditions to work with. Maybe the new coach can start some for them, and get some W's in the win column. I will go out on a limb and pick Lumberton to beat Vidor...............Remember where you heard it first........................BIGRED75.............................

Guest ECBucFan

Lumberton today reminds me so much of Nederland in the mid 80's. The football sucess was not there...yet..., but it was just ahead. Mid county grew as others decreased, now Lumberton has hit full stride. The Raiders are a "monster in the making". I am sure many opponents won't really believe it, but its just about to happen. Go git em', Raiders!

Guest ECBucFan

They may very well go 5a in 4 or 6 years. However, after reading an article in the paper, it seems goegraphically difficult to maintain the phenominal rate of growth indefinetly, since the infrastructure will eventually limit it due to Beaumont city limits on south, silsbee to the north, the river, etc. My bet is that the Raiders will be a very large 4a, with a whole new football attitude. :D

Well we can always make a friendly wager on that Lumberton vs Vidor game.

Well we might have to do that.................Yeah Lumberton being 5A might be pushing it unless the decide to take over Kountze...................hahaha..........They will get land locked eventually like Nederland and PNG that is true. They can still make a very big 4A team and people are still pouring into there like crazy..........Hey no mosquitos up there, something to think about?????? eh......................(thats me trying to be canadian....)

They may very well go 5a in 4 or 6 years. However' date=' after reading an article in the paper, it seems goegraphically difficult to maintain the phenominal rate of growth indefinetly, since the infrastructure will eventually limit it due to Beaumont city limits on south, silsbee to the north, the river, etc. My bet is that the Raiders will be a very large 4a, with a whole new football attitude. :D[/quote']

Come north of the High School and see the number of houses coming up! It will slow down but there is alot of room to build!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa