I'm thinking we'll finish ahead of LC-M. You may have Dayton a tad high but they'll still be good. Nederland like you said probably still a year away.

Guest catfever

LCM is tough to beat at their place.  If they can sneak one on the road at Dayton or Central.  They will have the upper hand.  Don't be surprised if Nederlan causes some noise.  Won't make the playoffs, but might get some key wins against people in the chase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Somebody correct me if I am wrong... but Central has only missed the play-offs in basketball one year since existance.  It was the '97 year.  district was really tough.  I think Northshore won state, Brook got 28 or 30 wins, Dolby was ranked, and sterling was strong.  The next year Central went to the regional semi finals.  If they miss the play-offs in 4A it would be an incredible fall for such a good (historically) program!

My list for 22-4A is very short.

1. Ozen

Everything else in this district will be who wants it the most. It will be very very tight.

Ozen is the only team I see that will be able to control the boards on each end on the court and have the quickness to control the tempo of the game.

Summer league games are great for the kids, but I would not judge how a team will perform during the season by their summer league record.

Guest whoabroncos09

Here's my prediction's.......

1.Ozen-the most talented team in district

2.Dayton

3.LC-M-Returning almost every player from last year's roster watch out

4.Central

5.Nederland-Will do better than last year but this team is still young atleast 1 more year from being a playoff contender

6.Vidor

7.PN-G

8.Lumberton

we lost all but i think 3 players.

greg charles.

aj dugat.

ronnie powell.

Guest Ricthepic

In the immortal words of The Who " The new boss is the same as the old boss", Ozen continues to rule the district. I don't see anyone that will challenge the Panthers.  The rest of the district will be up for grabs. LCM, Central, Dayton are in the best shape. Vidor has a good nucleus coming back, Nederland is not ready and the rest is well, just the rest.

I do agree that Ozen will win district, but I am looking forward to seeing them play this year. Last year they started slow and finished very strong. They will be playing without Kris Richard(s) who was their floor leader and more than anyone else, other than Coach Boutte, most responsible for taking them as far as the state games. They have very talented young guns yet untested as leaders of a possible run for the state title. Joseph Jacoby will be loaded for bear having what I see as a great senior year. I look for Ozen to have a great year but I do not believe they are unbeatable. But to do that.........you would have to disrupt their game plan and have a better one that will actually work. Not easy, but possible.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83