Do you think scrimmages help?

O.K., Does scrimmages help teams get prepared for the season? My opinion is it's for the players on the bubble for the coach to see if there are a few more underclassman that can compete for a varsity postion.  Most teams play a three or four game pre-district and I think that should be the time to work the kinks out. I don't feel these scrimmages are that beneficial. What do you think?

I strongly think scrimmages are useful. Especially when a team has a new coach or trying to learn a new offense and or defense. A coach can tell more about what he is trying to teach when he sees it in action against another team that may run a different defense than his own. Teams are more interested in winning than trying to work out the kinks in pre district games.

I think they help a lot. I don't think there is a winner or loser in a scrimmage and controlled scrimmages are not that fun for a fan to watch, but they serve a purpose. I like the game type scrimmages best. Those seem to get all the players going full speed. I think the coaches use the controlled scrimmage portions to try players at different positions and establish depth, etc.

Guest coachhooker

1000000000000000000000% they help, well not that many zeros at the end of 1.  but yes because it helps the coaches teach the kids on what they need to do and adjust to, the film study fr the kids is great too

Scrimmages obviously help a lot and there are things that you can do in a controlled scrimmage that you cannot do in a practice game.

It is not as fun for the fans but I think it is better in the long run with maybe some game time play at the end.

i think scrimmages are a huge help. In practice you usually dont get to see defenses do what theyre suppose to do....

for example...you get to see how a real defense will react to certain plays...

where is in practice you dont see the scout team going full speed doing exactly what a real offense or defense would do...

it really helps the players more than the coaches

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder