PN-G Going To The Spread!!!!!

Guest Indian Chief

Guest pngpurplenwhite

I don't think we need to go to 100% spread, but do think we need to run different formations. We need to be non-predictable.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.. I am sure you are about to catch some hell from our neighbors after that one!! They probably won't ever have to punt with Superman, Carl Lewis, and Michael Johnson on offense though.  :D  All in good fun, PN-G guys. Just don't believe the hype about having several 4.4 guys. I think y'all will be much improved though and probably battle with the Bears and Bulldogs for 3rd.

we have plenty of speed for it to work. two 4.4 runners at running back and a 6'2 220 full back running a 4.59. wideouts running equally as fast.. i think its their

two 4.4's and and 4.59 full back...

that seems quite unbelievable to me. I would much prefer to see it myself.

I cannot personally vouch for the speedy times,but I would go out on a limb and say this team will be one of the fastest we have seen at PN-G. Hemmings is a legit 6'1" 220 and runs in the high 4.5 to low 4.6. Maybe he had an off day at Rice. Tezeno is fast. I do not know about 4.4 flat, but probaly high 4.4 low 4.5. Josh Wright is a kid I have never seen, just have heard the hype like the rest of you. PN-G will have the skill players, we will have to see how the o-line gels and if the coaches can make it past game one without going back to our base passing game and sweep left and right.

Guest 87CRU79

Personally, I know that Hemmings is a big, strong kid with decent speed and that Tezeno is blazing fast. But whoever is hyping up Wright, is full of it. I have heard from various people that play for PNG that Wright will not even see time at RB, and that he will be lucky if he even plays defense.

Good post, aki. I think PN-G will be a much improved team and will field one of the quickest squads they have had in a long time. I just hate when I see 4.4 and all that crap because most COLLEGES don't have multiple guys in their backfield that do that. I think that PN-G has the makings of a really good offensive team with Tatum having a year under his belt. The backfield has thunder and lightning with Hemmings and Tezeno(I am assuming he will be the RB?). I really like Brett Doty at WR if they will use him correctly. He gets overshadowed by the taller Matt Johnson, but I can personally tell you that Doty is very strong for his size and very fast. Not 4.4 fast, but plenty fast. The 2ndary should be really good too assuming some of these guys go both ways. On paper this PN-G team will be pretty dang good. Only question marks I see are offensive line and I have not heard much about the D-Line(but that does not mean they won't both be good.)

Personally, I know that Hemmings is a big, strong kid with decent speed and that Tezeno is blazing fast. But whoever is hyping up Wright, is full of it. I have heard from various people that play for PNG that Wright will not even see time at RB, and that he will be lucky if he even plays defense.

wright starts at nose guard on defense. the coaches feel with his speed and strength he can disrupt things in the back field. and tezeno and him split time at rb

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder