Beaumont Bowl

Guest AISD

Beaumont Bowl whose going to win it this year  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Beaumont Bowl whose going to win it this year

• Central
    • Ozen
    • West Brook

I'm not gonna lie...That is some good stuff you have there.  But please dont' bring up that Ozen crap.  West Brook is West Brook and Central is Central.  from '99 to '03 was still a butt whipping.  Easy butt whippings.  I do give Brook respect for the little run in the 90's.  BTW, that other guy was right.  Brook did get beat 10-0.  Leeland was a sophmore.

Soulja......i would put you in my top 5 people who I respect and like to side with on any message board........but how can you look at WB vs Central in history and not take a look at the........ "Ozen crap"............When you lay it out side by side by side.....to me it's indisputable.........I know we are not going to agree on the issue, at all, but to me the facts are what they are...........

I say give the trophy to both of y'all to fight over.....it means more...it's a district game......Just like it 'use to be' between us!!!

And just for the Record, I'm hoping you guys come out on top of your district.......good luck!!!

........ I posted Leeland by his senior year to show that he alone did not dominate West Brook........And I know he is one of the best backs to ever come out of Beaumont!!

I agree chs...... it was a false statement....that was my reason for posting year by year.....it was only 8 years not 10.....lol......good luck guys......but I think West Brook will be 'ringing the bell' for the next couple of years.......

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WBFan09

Ok BMTSoulja so your saying that yalls new QB will be more ready than ours? i highly doubt it and beieve Stump will put the sam QB to start the first game as the last...im going ahead and predicting a repeat of last years score if not a bigger win for the Bruins

Guest WBFan09

Beating yall wont be easy with the speed yall bring our OL never seem to be able to catch up on defense

Strengths

Running Game

Receiving Game

Defense

Weaknesses

Offensive Line

New Quarterback (shouldnt be a weakness too long)

Kicking Game

if the kicking and ol step up just a bit than we have a good chance to win alot of games

Beating yall wont be easy with the speed yall bring our OL never seem to be able to catch up on defense

Strengths

Running Game

Receiving Game

Defense

Weaknesses

Offensive Line

New Quarterback (shouldnt be a weakness too long)

Kicking Game

if the kicking and ol step up just a bit than we have a good chance to win alot of games

Actually, your front 4 on defense is a strength, but your back 7 is a weakness, espcially if Falgout plays QB(heard a rumor of this.  C. Louis supposedly isn't picking up the offense well.  But Falgout supposedly can't throw so)

I'm sorry BMTSoulja.... I am a die hard Jag... But do think the bruins need more 5A teams on their schedule.  The BMT bowl has always been special but this is a new day.  Brook has 2500 students compared to Ozen and central with 1700 and 1600 repectivily.  Brook has the potential to be the pride of Beaumont on the State level this year.  Central will be strong but not at Brook's level.  Brook should win but it will be close because you can never count out a crosstown rival.

before my response i would just like to say I would like to see West Brook be able to schedule two other teams in their non district schedule.....I don't think they should be made to play the other two schools in town for the sake of a trophy......

If you knew what you were talking about you would have done a little more homework........Here is the Break down

'86 WB 17-16

'87 WB 49-21

'88 CEN 14-10

'89 CEN 42-7

'90 CEN 10-0

'91 WB 24-21

'92 WB 20-18.....Leeland's Senior year

'93 WB 27-26

'94 WB 24-14

'95 WB 35-16

'96 WB 34-16

'97 WB 30-20  for this year alone you should think Ozen for coming into existence or you may have never seen another victory vs. West Brook....we would have had to fax over a picture of the trophy so y'all could remember what it looked like.....Ozen opens WB freshman class has 15 kids come out for football......

'98 WB 28-27

'99 CEN 53-WB 0 the freshman 15 now juniors

'00 CEN 37-WB 0 F15 SENIORS, OZEN 35-CEN 34...opps, OZEN 42 WB 12

'01 CEN 28-WB 7, CEN VS OZEN dnp??, OZEN 43 WB 6

'02 CEN 22-WB 8, OZEN 35 CEN 20, OZEN 28 WB 6

'03 CEN 19-WB 7, OZEN 23 CEN 10, OZEN 22 WB 20 if it had "been a while since you knew WB was still in town," i think we welcomed our selves back nicely........

'04 WB 45-CEN 0, OZEN 35 CEN 23, WB 35 OZEN 34

'05 WB 37-CEN 7, CEN 18 OZEN 12, WB 26 OZEN 25

'06 WB 17-CEN 14, CEN 49 OZEN 20, WB 35 OZEN 14

'99 to '03 was merely a speed bump, fly on the windshield...etc......

what i see......Central has only had the trophy out right 4 times!!!

West Brook.......13 times!!! take that and like it!!

'99 to '03(5 years) when you were so excited to be beating up on West Brook you couldn't even beat Ozen 0-3 in those 5 years...........so like I said you should think Ozen for it's existence.......or Central would just be a side note in Beaumont football lore!!

hope this was enough truth for ya??

:oWestbrook was a strong power house before Central ever came into exictance (with one, the state championship '83 under thier belt).  It should have been expected for Brook to dominate the trophy in the years afterward since Central was openned in 1987.  Westbrook had the tradition and the refs.  Alot of those 90's game were close and could have went either way. Westbrook has always had the deeper team and the better coaches so kudos to Brook for those wins.  To this day Brooks enrollment towers over Central so they should be expected to win.  Those Jags have enough fight to win this game so don't count them out.  But overall talent and depth edge goes to the WB. ;D

I had a strong hate for Brook for many years of grueling loses, but it was good enough to have at least one school represent the area!

When Central opened it's doors in '86 they were ranked very high in the state...they were also perceived to be 'THE TEAM' of Beaumont and were going to dominate and be the elite team of the city......well......the combo of West Brook and South Park, both the team and coaching staff took major offence to that and the results are the results.  West Brook always had something to play for in this match up because of what was being said before the first snaps were even taken in '86.  Also, it was a 'District' game that meant something, or added to the meanings of what went on outside the lines and the rivalry. 

Today you have Central and Ozen in the same district and that game has meaning......it's a must win game every year for both teams who bring sooo much talent to the table.......I've said it a million times....BISD needs to let West Brook out of this series for the sake of the program.......But for this to happen I think West Brook is going to have to 'win' it's way out..........

Ozen was the savior the new "it team" of Beaumont so if West Brook keeps beating both Central and Ozen the BISD chain just might get cut and allow West Brook to use those weeks and find playoff quality 5a teams........All JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder