Maybe Its Me (Central Head Coach) Problem or Not

Like I said maybe its me or is there a problem? Can someone please tell what has this coach done besides slip into the playoff's since his arrival at a program that was making great strides. Been there 5 1/2 years now and can someone tell what has he accomplished. How many district titles? How many tournament championships? Whats his won-lost record? Any thing positive bring it. I can sure give you thier accomplishment before his arrival. Should there be a change in the making? How much longer should the real fans have to deal with this situation?

Guest DickVitale

Like I said in the other thread, yes it IS only you...What have YOU accomplished in the last 5 years? Who else has won the district other than Ozen since 1999? I guess they should fire the entire district's coaches for not winning it too, huh? Central made 1 lucky trip to Austin in 99,(and got BLASTED in the State Semi) and all of a sudden they are supposed to be there EVERY year? Does not work that way.  Stop blaming the coach for something you know nothing about...Support the kids if you care about the program.

I expected that coming from you in which again you are wrong. Central came to 4A on his arrival to the school in 2002. Ozen has won district yes, and Central has won before dropping in level. Sure we lost the state semi game blasted or not we were there and went to reqional 3 more times after that. My point is what improvemnts have this coach made since coming there and the answer is none. I'm not taking anything from Ozen in which they have proven themselves. You can not name one thing he has done while there.

Guest DickVitale

You tell me what YOUR expectations were of Central, then?...I will let you know how ridiculous you sound after your answer...In 2002, Central was 5A...Rice came in 02-03..You did not even know that!..What kind of improvement are you expecting?  State? They did what they could in that district...They have advanced to the playoffs each year..What do you want? Maybe they should go find Skip Jackson, and suit him up! Give me a break!

Guest DickVitale

Look I don't need your approval on anything.  We don't question your ability to flip burgers, so you should not be "firing" coaches over the internet..You apparently do not have the mental capacity to answer my question....Where do you expect your beloved Central Jaguars to be? State Semi-finalists at least, huh?  Still waiting.

Guest DickVitale

As a fan, you have the right to have lofty expectations...Reality is that Central is doing about all that it will ever do, due to the changing demographic, people moving to the West end of town, as well as other factors...Coaching is NOT one of them...In Beaumont, Ozen has a strangle hold on basketball, and Central will do whatever it can from year to year.  Coach Rice is a good coach, and a better person...I am a coach as well...Thats all you need to know.... ;)

Guest DickVitale

Aggies, thanks, But CATMAN is only trying to pull my chain......He is a master at stirring the pot!! And you are right, there is nothing wrong with being an assistant coach...Sometimes it is necessary to do so.  A good assistant is VERY important to coaching staffs. ;)

• 3 months later...

You guys can't call for Calvin to be fired...

Central HC hasn't done much but who has outside of Ozen.  I thought when Central stepped down they would be better too, but I was wrong.  Zoning is not the issue so Dick's zoning arguement is irrelevant.  Kids that can play ball are smart and so are there parents. These kids use uncles and grandparents and sisters addresses to get to Ozen (I hate to say this).  Truth is there is only one outstanding head coach in Beaumont and it is Boutte.  I hate that some of his kids will never play bigtime D1 (though they have the talent) because of his low score hold ball style, but he is the best coach.  Westbrooks doesn't have a coach.  And Central's  HC is decent at best.  Yes he folds to Ozen and the playoffs, but all the best talent in BMT fights to get to Ozen because they have a winners mantality.  Yes Central's talent base has not beent there the past few years but Central's HC did squander the good talent he had his first years, he has made a impression for himself of not being a next level guy.  So the talent will not gravitate toward him.  Calvin will keep these kids competitive and in the top thre but its true they won't be much more than that.

No, he shouldnt be fired unless you first fire WB's coach!!!!  But he needs a new staff that can teach him a little offense... they play good D!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami