STATE updates on Pinto and Shetland All-Star tourney

Orange didn't play very good last night but like I told the boys. Good teams have to find a way to win when they aren't playing their best. We play a team from Edgewood today at 5. Hopefully we can get things back on track.

Unfortunately Vidor lost last night. They didn't play very good last night either. I think nerves probably got to both of us. At least thats what I hope it was and it should be over now. Hopefully we will both play like we know how to today.

Tony Dallas

Orange won tonight 16-12. We still didn't play up to our potential but we did play much better. We play again tomorrow at 6:30. I think Vidor shetland lost. Hopefully someone will update us on the facts of Vidors game.

When I called Scott's phone last night a female told me they lost. It was loud where I was and I couldn't hear very good. I saw the first inning and they were looking good. If they won or lost, getting here was a huge accomplishment. In our coaches meeting the directors were telling us how proud our kids should be just to get this far. They said there are about 600-700 Shetland and the same number of Pinto teams that are eligible to make it here. To be one of the top 16 teams in the state is a great accomplishment. Each kid will have a state medal to remember this experience. If anyone gets a chance to make this trip, I hope you take full advantage of it and get the whole experience. This is a nice facility and the people are truley here for the kids.

If you made it to State that is a very big accomplishment!

But that also shows you how many good teams that are in the state also.

Because that Shetland was a very good team. For them to lose 2 in a row that says something about the competition.

But also for yall to WIN 2 in a row that says something about yalls team.Keep us updated on what happens up there and where yall look in the bracket.

TD,

What does the bracket look like now for yall with two wins under your belt?  How many more wins do you need to reach the championship game?  Good luck tonight.

Ryan, there are 2, 8 team brackets (American and National).  The winner of each bracket plays at 7:00 Sat. night for the State Championship.  If we win tonight (6:30), we will play at 10:00 tomorrow morning for our bracket championship (win that, we are in the championship game). 

The 2 teams we played were Corpus Christi and Edgewood (San Antonio).  I believe we will play the Corpus team again. 

Orange got beat twice last night and that puts us out. We played pretty good but still not where we were. The compitition here is unbelievable. We lost to a team that wasn't better than us but they were every bit as good as we are. I think it was 11-6 the first game and then 10-9 in the second game. It was 9-9 going into the 6th and we hit a couple of balls right at them and went 3 up and 3 down. Then I think they put a couple of hits together with 2 outs in the 6th to score the winning run. We were very evenly matched and they deserved to move on just as much as we did. I hope they win it all. They were a team that played hard and won and lost with class just as we did. I'm very proud of the boys they have worked hard. It's hard to watch how upset they were when it's all over.

On a happier note we have football practice July 30th so yall watch out the Little Mustangs will be coming for yall. Not to mention we sign up for fall baseball the first part of August.

Thanks to all of the Orange parents and supporters for getting these kids to me every day for the last 7-8 weeks. Also Chad Broussard, Dave Pederson and Kent Miller these guys haven't gotten near enough credit for the job they've done with these kids. 

Thanks to everyone for all of the positive comments about the Orange boys, they deserved every one of them and then some. I'll see yall soon on the football field the diamond or the basketball court. You'll know me because I'll be the one teaching the kids the game, teaching them to have fun and teaching them to win.

Tony Dallas

Congratulations to Orange!

To get that far is an accomplishemnt.I wouldn't forget how to get there because something tells me yall might be back.

Also congrats to Vidor Shetland team on there accomplishment.Alot of good competition up there and nothing to hang your head about.

Well, the tourney sure did not turn out the way we wanted it to for our Vidor All-Stars.  We lost to Grandbury Thunder on Wed. and Hays Rebels(Buda, Tx) on Thurs.

Our defense was just not what we are used to.  Our infield struggled through both games, and our outfield had a hard time stopping alot of balls. 

I don't feel like we were a lesser team than the ones we played, we just never really got things going.  Maybe it was nerves or maybe our kids just simply off. If we would have been on our A-Game the results would have been different.

Overall the trip was a great experience and the kids had a blast.  Thats what matters most.  I would not trade the experience my son got for anything.

We would like to thank everyone for all the support we received inside and outside of Vidor.

Thanks,

James McDowell

It was fun to be at State and watch both Orange and Vidor.  Congrats to both teams--it is truly an accomplishment just to be there!  TD mentioned that there are about 700 All-star teams, but he didn't mention that they were told there are approx. 3,000 league teams, 700 all-star teams and 16 get to State.

I know Orange boys were quite disappointed, but enjoyed their time, I hope Vidor did as well.

As for Regionals, still don;t understand them and hope something changes.  In the final 4, there were 3 teams from the Fort Worth area, and 1 from Corpus Christi.  In additon, there was an Irving team and a Dallas team.  How can the Golden Triangle and Houston only have 2 teams.  I am sure there is a reason, it just seems odd.  We have WAY too much talent to only be represented by one team from this area as I am sure Houston does as well!

TD, Chad, Dave and Kent--awesome job---can't ask for anything better!

Oh well, football starts soon, Fall ball starts soon and school starts soon!  Another enjoyable summer! 

Td I did not get A chance to see the Orange play after our two loses in the tournament we took the kids to six flags after we were done congrats on a great season and a great tournament hated to see the way our tournament ended on a questionable call but thats baseball sometimes.Hopefully we will get fall ball going and can play against each each other to give the kids some differnt faces to look at

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin