*****BREAKING NEWS..KENT FULLER RESIGNS FROM WEST HARDIN*****

I've had quite a few dealings with Coach Westfall. Here's something that may come as a bit of a surprise to you. Coach Westfall has almost 300 wins as a head basketball coach. No small accomplishment.

That being said, it won't be easy to coach basketball over at West Hardin this year. Players like Letsinger don't come along very often at the 1A level. They also had a pretty good supporting cast over there too. Something the previous coach knew pretty well. Probably why he left. It's a shame, he could have proven that he was a top notch coach. And this is just a guess (maybe Coop can answer this), but I'm betting they didn't have applicants beating the door down.

Is hssportsfan from there? Maybe he could do it? Or someone else from there, maybe somebody with the Little Dribblers program. I heard they won 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in their league this year  :)

And one more thing. It's Football season.

I agree Semper WH will be a pretty rough place to coach this year.I personally didn't know anything about Coach Westfalls basketball record.It will just be hard to be the man in both sports and not get off to slow start.Tyler has the potential to be the best basketball player to come out of WH.It's unfortunate he doesn't have the supporting cast that Brandon did.I wish Coach Fuller would have stayed,I enjoyed watching his club play last year several times.In the coaching ranks you gotta move when the resume is hot.Good luck to the Oilers this year.

I too wish Kent were still here, but he isn't. WHSalum is right, you have to move when the resume is hot. Kent made no bones about it, his wishes were to move closer to home when the opportunity presented itself. He is in a great situation where he moved. He will be missed at WH for more reasons than his ability to coach. He was a great person and the kids loved him. I have a young one coming up and wish Kent would have been his coach. As for Coach Westfall coaching basketball, I do not know his credentials. I just hope the kids don't get short changed in basketball because football is priority one. Tyler is good kid and a good basketball player but the supporting cast he will have is not as rounded as last years. It will take a lot of work and solid team play to be successful this year.

Big Sandy is going to be tough to beat this year. Solid team with a good coach.

Give Coach Westfall a chance here. Obviously he has coached a few Basketball games. The dual assignment is rough but it can be done. Roy Harper did it for 10 years that I know of. I am sure if someone that Coach Westfall could trust to coach the boys had applied, I am sure he would have given that guy the job. It's not like WH is the place to be right now (as far as Basketball goes). Like the old saying goes "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder