WB in a local 3a,4a Tourney

Hey Homer I played in a ALL Golen Tri tourn for French High School hosted by the YMBL before you were even a thought, and yes it was a long time ago 36-37yrs to be EXACT, and if I mite say the game remains the same, just a few names are gone, some have changed but the ARROGANCE of WB (FP) is still there as you and a few others remind me every day by these kinds of post. 

What I do think is that this thread would be better served discussing the options/likelihood of an ALL-SETX tournament.  The issues read like a good novel (money, politics, etc....okay, no sex, but you can't have everything).   

A first 'good' move would be to have the local coaches meet and agree in principle to do it.  That would involve some local coaches losing their own tournament (and revenue) to schedule this as 1 of their 3 per year. 

Second would be to select someone (not a local coach) to oversee the administration of the event.  That would include finding a sponsor, lining up dates, etc.  You would have to determine how to split the tourney proceeds (charity, to the schools, etc.).  YMBL might be a good choice.  Involving TASO another good choice.  Let the hosting schools keep the concessions and give the gate to charity, scholarship fund, etc.

There are a lot of moving parts.  It would take a tremendous amount of work but (like a lot of things) it would be worth it...at least for the local baseball fans.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed