PRE SEASON ALL-AREA

MIF04

To stir some debate, what would your pre-season all area team be:

4 pitchers, C, 1b, 2b, SS, Inf., 3b, OF, OF, OF, Util (x 2) and DH (x2):

P: Ehlert (LCM), Angelle (BC), Smith (Ned) Harwood (PNG)

C: Buchanan (PNG)

1B: Womack (LCM)

2B: Ferguson (WB)

SS: Schneider (LCM)

Inf: Laird (Ned)

3B: Murphy (WB)

OF: Serna (WB)

OF: Mosley (Ned)

OF: Dishon (BC)

UT: Ayers (WOS), Freeman (Mem)

DH: Rowell (LCM), Mire (PNG)

Food for thought....

the only change I would make to that is id put Alvis from Jasper at 3rd...that kid can tear the cover off of the ball

I haven't seen the Alvis kid play as much (too far north for too many Tues. or Fri. night trips). Murphy is a quality kid at a 5A program, and has started at 3B since fresh. season. Both are top line players.

Agree that, by the time season ends, the list will add some names and lose some names (that's why its the preseason list, right?). A lot of guys would be on the 'watch' list:

P Roebuck (sr. HJ) -- returning after missing entire jr. season due to injury

P Haymon (sr. BC) -- also returning after missing entire jr. season due to injury

P McInnis (sr. PNG) -- logjam for innings at PNG but threw a lot of innings last year due to Powell's injury. If he gets to throw a lot, could have super stats

C Barrera (sr. HF) -- returning starter for the "Horns

C Jackson (soph BC) -- projected starter to fill big shoes left by Myers. This kid can (and will) hit the baseball.

Inf. Roebuck (soph HJ) -- starter as freshman. After that season of being thrown into fire, he could emerge as bona fide player.

Inf. Hearn (jr. PNG) -- starter as soph. Since someone else at PNG needs to step up offensively, this could be the guy. Has surprising gap power for his size.

OF Calhoun (jr. Silsbee) -- top of the order guy for Tigers with some power to go with CF speed.

UT Ayers (sr. WOS) -- could be 'Stangs #1 and also SS. Should be their MVP this season.

UT Gardiner (soph Ozen) -- leader of good core group at Ozen. Probably a year away.

Hard to project but LCM has a # of kids who could step up (who will be true #2 pitcher, who else will carry offense besides Ehlert and Rowell, etc.). The same is true with PNG. Same uncertainty at Nederland.

Another great post let me throw out a few:

Sparks-WOS top LH pitcher and a strong outfielder, but this team will be weak.

Coleman-BC he is being projected at SS to replace a great defender in Coulter, This will be one of the biggest keys for BC.

Stringer-BC another LH that got his first season under his belt and with all the PR going to Kevin and Broc he could be fantastic.

Dugas-LCM Early to middle of the season was the #2 pitcher leading the team in strikeouts(yes more than Ehlert) before having arm problems,been working out for months getting ready, also could be hugh with the stick.

McInnis-PNG not for pitching but can he step in a first or DH and be a solid power hitter, very big and strong.

This should be a Great season for the Golden Triangle and Baseball fans, the number of early D-1 signees is only going to grow with the high expectations of all these players and teams.

My bad on the Sparks kid. I just missed him. He is very good pitcher, comes from the left side, etc. Not much depth at WOS this year unless some of the football players decide to play 'for the fun of it'.

I think how kids like Coleman, Dishon, Jackson, etc. play will determineif BC gets back to Austin. No question that they have the 1-2 punch on mound to get there. I'm not as sure about the Stringer kid (and have only seen him in game situations 2 or 3 times). Quite honestly, as the #3, he is not as significant to BC's long term success (assuming no injury) as how the position players step up. Still you gotta like BC having 3 guys from the left side. By the way, the Coleman kid is a very fine ballplayer.

I include Dugas and McInnis in the 'group' of kids that could have a breakout season for LCM and PNG. Whether it be Dugas, Womack, Adams, etc., someone will step up for the Bears just like McInnis, Johnson, Barnett will step up for the Indians. I think Griff is more 'set' right now on what he is going to do this season than Stone but, as always, time will tell.

Ok I guess I have got to throw one out there:

Pitchers- Ehlert-LCM, Harwood-PNG, Angelle-BC, Sparks-WOS

Catcher- Rowell-LCM

First Base- Womack-LCM

2nd Base- Ferguson-WB

SS- Ayers-WOS

3rd- Laird- Ned

Inf- Schnieder-LCM

OF-Dishon-BC

OF-Cole-PNG

OF-Mosley-NED

Utility( This is a player who plays multiple positions, not like the crazy selections last year for a player who played 1 spot)

Dugas-LCM (will probably play LF,CF,SS,2nd,3rd and P)

Powell-PNG (will probably play RF,1B and P)

DH- Buchanan-PNG

DH- C.Capels-OF

I think that all of the names are pretty close but some the positions may change But here is my list any-way

Catcher Buchanan PNG / Barrera HF

1st McInnis PNG

2nd Cloeman BC

3rd Laird NED

SS Schnieder LCM

OF Serna WB great pitcher as well WB's ACE

OF Johnson PNG

OF Mosely NED

Pitchers Ehlert LCM, Harwood PNG, Anelle BC, Smith NED, Mire PNG

McInnis Closer.

DH Sparks BC

UTL Ayers WOS