Supplements for athletes.

SUPPLEMENTS ARE STUPID , FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE SCARED TO BUST THERE BUTT TO GET STRONGER     "BE A REAL MAN DONT BE A PANZY"

Hate to break this to you, but if you are not providing your body with the building blocks it needs to grow, no amount of work is going to provide the results you are seeking. While I agree that proper diet is the best way to naturally achieve results, it is not feasible with the current schedule of work and activities.  In a perfect world we would all have personal chefs that could prepare meals to meet our dietary needs.  If I have indicated that I was looking for the miracle pill to gain strength without work, I apologize.  I just want to make sure that all the building blocks needed for muscle gain are provided. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3AFan

Hate to break this to you, but if you are not providing your body with the building blocks it needs to grow, no amount of work is going to provide the results you are seeking. While I agree that proper diet is the best way to naturally achieve results, it is not feasible with the current schedule of work and activities.  In a perfect world we would all have personal chefs that could prepare meals to meet our dietary needs.  If I have indicated that I was looking for the miracle pill to gain strength without work, I apologize.  I just want to make sure that all the building blocks needed for muscle gain are provided. 

What are your attributes? Goals? Height? Weight? 40? Bench? etc....

Nitro tech hardcore is the kind of protein i use i usually put 2 scoops in a 16 ounce mixer when i weighed 167 a couple of weeks ago and now I almost weigh 180 and use Skim milk when you use protein...and wait until your kid is about 16 to get on some big stuff like testoterone boosters you dont want your kid to stack on pills to young..

protein is not a weight gainer............

wrong, I think you should do some research

fbplayer999....you can read below the benefits of whey protein. This should pretty much cover that it rebuilds, repairs and aids in development of muscle growth.

Physical Performance

Whey protein has long been considered the "Gold Standard" of protein for serious athletes who work hard to develop and sustain a lean, strong and well-defined physique. Research studies support this belief. Athletes need more protein in their diet, often as much as twice the recommended daily allowance. The protein they choose makes a difference and here are several reasons why whey protein is a preferred choice for athletes of all types.

Whey protein is a naturally complete protein, meaning that it contains all of the essential amino acids required in the daily diet. It has the ideal combination of amino acids to help improve body composition and enhance athletic performance.

Whey protein is a rich source of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), containing the highest known levels of any natural food source. BCAAs are important for athletes since unlike the other essential amino acids, they are metabolized directly into muscle tissue and are the first ones used during periods of exercise and resistance training. Whey protein provides the body with BCAAs to replenish depleted levels and start repairing and rebuilding lean muscle tissue.

Whey protein is an excellent source of the essential amino acid, leucine. Leucine is important for athletes as it plays a key role in promoting muscle protein synthesis and muscle growth. Research has shown that individuals who exercise benefit from diets high in leucine and have more lean muscle tissue and less body fat compared to individuals whose diet contains lower levels of leucine. Whey protein isolate has approximately 50% more leucine than soy protein isolate.

Whey protein is a soluble, easy to digest protein and is efficiently absorbed into the body. It is often referred to as a "fast" protein for its ability to quickly provide nourishment to muscles.

Whey protein helps athletes maintain a healthy immune system by increasing the levels of glutathione in the body. Glutathione is an anti-oxidant required for a healthy immune system and exercise and resistance training may reduce glutathione levels. Whey protein helps keep athletes healthy and strong to perform their best.

heck if you know it all then why ask the question?

I am completely confused.  How have I indicated that I know it all?  I must have missed something. 

P.S.  please enlighten us with what supplement (if any) would assist weight gain other than protein.  Understand that by saying weight gain, were are refering to muscle mass and not just putting on extra fat. 

fbplayer999....you can read below the benefits of whey protein. This should pretty much cover that it rebuilds, repairs and aids in development of muscle growth.

Physical Performance

Whey protein has long been considered the "Gold Standard" of protein for serious athletes who work hard to develop and sustain a lean, strong and well-defined physique. Research studies support this belief. Athletes need more protein in their diet, often as much as twice the recommended daily allowance. The protein they choose makes a difference and here are several reasons why whey protein is a preferred choice for athletes of all types.

Whey protein is a naturally complete protein, meaning that it contains all of the essential amino acids required in the daily diet. It has the ideal combination of amino acids to help improve body composition and enhance athletic performance.

Whey protein is a rich source of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), containing the highest known levels of any natural food source. BCAAs are important for athletes since unlike the other essential amino acids, they are metabolized directly into muscle tissue and are the first ones used during periods of exercise and resistance training. Whey protein provides the body with BCAAs to replenish depleted levels and start repairing and rebuilding lean muscle tissue.

Whey protein is an excellent source of the essential amino acid, leucine. Leucine is important for athletes as it plays a key role in promoting muscle protein synthesis and muscle growth. Research has shown that individuals who exercise benefit from diets high in leucine and have more lean muscle tissue and less body fat compared to individuals whose diet contains lower levels of leucine. Whey protein isolate has approximately 50% more leucine than soy protein isolate.

Whey protein is a soluble, easy to digest protein and is efficiently absorbed into the body. It is often referred to as a "fast" protein for its ability to quickly provide nourishment to muscles.

Whey protein helps athletes maintain a healthy immune system by increasing the levels of glutathione in the body. Glutathione is an anti-oxidant required for a healthy immune system and exercise and resistance training may reduce glutathione levels. Whey protein helps keep athletes healthy and strong to perform their best.

There is nothing in this that says it is a weight gainer, that is my point.  If you want to gain weight it is carbs.

fbplayer:  there seems to be some misunderstanding here.  An athlete, especially a football player who wants to gain weight doesn't want to gain the weight from fat, you want to gain lean muscle mass.  I think we all know that.  After a workout, protein is going to build muscle tissue.  The more the muscles are built up the more weight gain there will be.  Lean muscle mass (i.e. muscle is heavier than fat) is going to add weight to the body as well as enhance your performance.  You do need carbs in your diet as well as the right amount and kind of fat too.  The body needs these things to assimilate the protein.  A young athlete needs to add protein to his diet without adding a lot of fat, so whey protein is a great choice for that. 

GOOD GOSH.............I agree with some that protien helps rebuild muscle, but it's not a weight gainer.  If you want to gain weight you have to increase your carb intake in your diet.  Just like protien, there are some carbs that are better than others.  Again if you don't up your carb intake you will not gain weight.  Muscle does not weigh more than fat, 1 pound of fat weighs the same as 1 pound of muscle.  If you want good carbs, stay away from white carb and eat brown carbs.  Like wheat bread instead of white bread, just like white rice and brown rice.\

Also carbs are not fat...........it's what your body burns for energy

fbplayer99:

You are right in that one pound is equal to one pound but muscle is more dense there for by volume, muscle is heavier than fat.  You are absolutely correct when it comes to the consumption of carbs and increasing the number of calories to gain weight.  What we are all sparing about here is that you have to up your intake of protein for muscle growth, up the total calorie intake for energy, and lay on muscle weight more that fat weight.  You have to have carbs for energy and to aid in metabolism of the protein, which builds the muscle.  If you are going to increase calories, it needs to come from high quality nutritional dense food,not a lot of fat calories or empty calories high sugar foods.  Hopefully we are on the right track.

If u want to have a weight gainer kinda protein...u can just sit on the sofa all day and drink ur protein shakes and eat alot and not do much every day...youll gain weight...but if u want to actually just build up muscle u can work out and drink your protein as well.

correct, I never said anything about empty calories or fat so I really don't know where that came from?  I will never agree with anyone that says that protein is a weight gainer though.

ok so building muscle doesnt increase the weight of your body is this is what your saying? i find that hard to believe since muscle is heavier than fat based on density not the fact that a pound= a pound but it takes more fat to make a pound than it does muscle. so since protein helps build muscles since that basically what muscle is mostly made of we would come to the conclusion that protein would infact be a weight gainer. however it does appear that you would not be confused by any facts.

If my kids have to take supplements to get bigger, then they will just have to work out and do it the hard way.  Just makes me wonder if it is the kids who are pushing to take supplements or some over-the-top parents who attempting to live through their kids.  As far as vitamins, I don't have a problem with them.  Any type of supplements...they better get it in their meals and snacks because they aren't getting it in a jug/jar/bottle.

ok so building muscle doesnt increase the weight of your body is this is what your saying? i find that hard to believe since muscle is heavier than fat based on density not the fact that a pound= a pound but it takes more fat to make a pound than it does muscle. so since protein helps build muscles since that basically what muscle is mostly made of we would come to the conclusion that protein would infact be a weight gainer. however it does appear that you would not be confused by any facts.

Wow your a smart guy, you must get straight A's in Junior High.

Stang...No Offense to ur Ideas, but, Protein is definitly needed for your kids muscles to rebuild back to maximum status. Now, I'm not saying you need/have to go buy a whey protein bottle/jar/jug or w/e, but try to get protein in their systems. Like you said through snacks or w/e. Whey Protein doesn't always make you bigger. As long as u still get outside and run and conditon along with working out, you should stay somewhat the same size.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami