Nederland 20 Vidor 0 Final

First of all i think BIGDOG and ESPN2 (I know who you are ESPN2)...need to SHUTUP. .....Typical .....you dads think it is so freakin easy to coach then I think you need to get quit your day job and get a Coaching job....and I don't mean LITTLE LEAGUE........I am so SICK of all ya'lls RUDE opinions.......if Coach Green would've had a winning season.....then of course he would be the BEST coach ever.....ya'll are such JERKS......ya'll think is just so dang easy.....YOU DON'T HAVE a CLUE what goes into coaching a varsity team.......Coach Robbins don't have to coach, Coach Stone don't have to coach....those kids coach theirselves....they have dang good players....they have played the game since they were 5. Typical Nederland....if ya'll were not doing so well....i PROMISE coach robbins would be catching hell. I think before ya'll post rude replies about a coach......you need to put the shoe on the other foot. How can you blame the coach.....also....about daddy's popping off about how he should've played his JV.......if you new anything about coaching....you wouldn't say crap like that.........also what you like for Coach Green to do......go out there and catch the balls for him....go out there and pitch for him......please SHUTUP about Coach Green....and bashing any coach. YA'LL don't have a clue..........

The first thing bignedfan, before you pop off, you should read my post. I didn't say that if was Green's fault, I put the fault on the AD. And your comment about the kids at Ned and PNG coaching themselves, isn't that a shot at the Vidor kids? I know coach Robbins, he has a lot of experience having played for Ned and in college. He is a very good coach and it shows. I know Coach Green is from Ned but I don't know him personally. The things he has to put up with at Vidor fall on the AD. That is where I'm suggesting a change and maybe all the athletics will turn around. They are not right now. Finally, you will not make personal attacks on people on this board.

Guest bleed orange

This is really killing me, but bigred you are right again. Parents back in my day said nothing. They let the coaches and the teachers do their job. LET THEM. I don't know the answer to Vidors situation but I can tell you it is not the AD. If I was him, I would say screw yall, I am going to get a job where I can make some real money. The teachers should do the same. I am not just picking on Vidor, I think all teachers and coaches from every school should do the samething. Then let the parents do the coaching and teaching and see what they go through.

I don't think it is anyone's place here to evaluate the Vidor program and determine whether a new coach or AD is in order. I thought coach bashing was not allowed on this site. IMO-this entire thread should be deleted, we are talking about people's careers.

Bigdog-no disrespect, but on all of your post you have the statement that Nederland has been in the play-offs 10 years consecutively? Is that in baseball? Does that include the year they had to have a play-off for the number three spot in district with Ozen? What was the outcome of that match-up?

Some random thoughts:

1. Vidor has not turned it around. That has little to do with the coach and more to do with (a) the talented district they are in and (B) the level of talent at VHS.

2. Blaming a 20-0 loss on a coach ignores a simple fact -- talent, or lack thereof.

3. The comments about the PNG and Nederland programs are out of line. They are good programs (from you on up) but you still need a quality HS coach at that level.

4. Hopefully, Green can 'cut some deals' and get some of his guys named All-District at the meeting. Bottom line, the program won't get better without better players. Simple as that.

And before the Vidor folks reply that I am Vidor bashing, that's not true. I'd be just as happy if they were 12-0 or 0-12....but this shoe fits....

You couldn't be more wrong MIF04. The talent is there, it's just executing that seems to be Vidor's problem. The first inning of the Nederland game started out with an error that caused a chain reaction for the rest of the game. It set the tempo that Vidor was never able to recover from. And that is one of Vidor's major problems. So when you say Vidor's problem is not having the necassary talent it's just not the case. I think I might know a little more on the subject than you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics