Kirbyville In 07?

Guest Wildcat 08

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason Cold Spring worries me. They had a good team last year. Scary part is that the majority of their team were sophmores. They should be a force especially with Bryan Barbay being their coach. They were a couple plays away from sending Kirbyville to the house last in the state playoffs.

Yeah just about the whole team back. THEY BETTER win district this year, i gotta feeling WOS wont be down for 2 straight years but they will be down this year.

I read someone's thread that stated that Kirbyville will drop down to 2a in 2008!! I don't know if its factual but it would be nice to see that happen!!!

Well, you should know. Now, me, I'm just a diehard WO-S fan who doesn't miss a game. I personally feel like we'll be there fighting for the district title. If a "down year" means we lose one district game and a pre-district game or two, then maybe. Jasper won't be back quite enough to make it this year, I don't think. They return a bunch, but a bunch who were badly coached last year and had an ABYSMAL year, going 2-8, giving up an average of 26.4 points and only scoring an average of 10.8. That's more than a one-offseason fix.

And folks are down on WO-S for all we lost, but Silsbee lost its top passer, its top three rushers, its top two DBs and its #2 and #3 receivers. The returning #1 receiver had only 10 catches and 3 TDs. So it looks like the two of us are starting off fairly even. We at least return one of the top backs in the area, and this guy comes in at QB:

Beaumont Enterprise

COLLEGE STATION - Ortavious Hipolite has yet to play in a varsity game but already has a favorite target.

Ronnie Dennis caught three touchdown passes from Hipolite in the West Orange-Stark 7-on-7 football team's 49-29 victory over Gonzales in the first-round of the 32-team small school state tournament.

WO-S is one of two teams to have scored 40 points or more in all four tournament games. The other is Pilot Point, which beat WO-S in a pool-play game 41-40.

Also in pool play, WO-S beat Madisonville 48-39 and lost to La Villa 49-42.

Actually, he DID play in a varsity game last year. He played very well in that Round 1 drubbing of Liberty.

Rhodes had like 1600 yards. He had a great season, just not in the WO-S game.

Passing-wise, I've heard Hazelwood's name a lot, but the stats just don't seem impressive. I've heard his name on here a lot more than I heard Andre Bevil's name last year, and Bevil ended up (in his first and only year) with 400 more yards passing, 15 more TDs and 5 fewer picks than Hazelwood, who completed about 50 percent and threw an equal number of picks and TDs (10). Bevil's completion rate was about 64 percent as well.

Guest Wildcat 08

Mr. Wildcat 08, I was told that Kirbyville has a WR that runs a 4-4. This fella has enrolled from another big school. Do you know who im talking about??

Not Musgrove i don't believe? I'll try and find out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami