• Anahuac
    • Buna
    • East Chambers
    • Deweyville
    • Warren
    • Hardin
    • Kountze

EC - The favorite, talent to burn.

Deweyville - Both Off/Def Line play will be awesome, Defense will be strong.

Buna/Warren - Toss up

Anahuac - Will be dangerous

Kountze - Maybe a year away

Hardin - Should be a long year for the Hornets

Just my thoughts, each District game will be a dog fight, if a Team doesn't come ready to play, any team in this District is capable of pulling the upset.

Your right steeler..any team is capable of an upset deweyvilles o-line will be awesome this year we only lost 1 last year.

Any team is capable of pulling of an upset on any given night. What stands out about EC, and I recognize I am biased, is the talent and focus of the Senior class. These guys are busting their tails getting ready for the season by participating in a strength & conditioning program. IMO we lacked this type of leadership from last year's Sr. class.

Any team is capable of pulling of an upset on any given night. What stands out about EC, and I recognize I am biased, is the talent and focus of the Senior class. These guys are busting their tails getting ready for the season by participating in a strength & conditioning program. IMO we lacked this type of leadership from last year's Sr. class.

Just heard Tramain Thomas is the 2A Coverboy in Dave Campbells Magazine, congrats to him.  I bet he's a big part of that leadership your talking about.  I can't wait to get off work so I can read the magazine, I'll probably have to bring my good friends to him tonight, he's a bigger high school football fan than I am. lol.

Guest ECBucFan

These guys are busting their tails getting ready for the season by participating in a strength & conditioning program.

I am glad to hear that. If EC is not intensely focused every single Friday night, we'll pay. Winning the district on a regular basis earns you a target to wear on your back every time you step on the field...

There's no doubt that EC will win this district, and yes they have alot of talent and whatnot, but i'm not gonnna say that they are all that great. If they bumped back up to 3A (which they would be in the 21-AAA district) they would most likely have a losing record. Remember, they only beat HF 20-16

EC also beat HJ (21-3A) by only 1 point...

Guest ECBucFan

EC beat H-F without their starting RB, and several other key starters...

EC led H-J by 20+, until late in the 4th, when a still short handed team became exhausted...

Both were great games to watch.   

• 1 month later...

1. East Chambers

2. Buna

3. Anahuac

Dewewville will be in the running, but this will probably be the year that being a smaller school hurts them in the end. Kountze and Hardin will be better, if for no other reason than just believing they can win. Warren always plays tough. It should be a very exciting year for the district.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Even though they are definitely not the favorite, my heart is for Hardin. I show my support for them mainly because they're another Liberty County school, and I've always dreamed of a year when Liberty county takes their districts.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder