LOCAL HIGHSCHOOL PLAYERS IN THE MLB DRAFT...

heres a list of local players that have gone in the draft...

Kevin Ahrens - SS - Houston Memorial HS (goes to the toronto BLUEJAYS... as the 16th overall pick (1st round))

Collin Delome - LU... (goes to the astros)

more to come (hopefully)

(not a local one here, but) Liberty Eylau's William Middlebrooks went 174th pick overall (5th round) to the Boston Red Socks

Guest Orangeboy

Kevin Ahrens - SS - Memorial HS

more to come (hopefully)

That's Houston Memorial, not PA Memorial. The same school where Koby Clemens attended a few years ago.

Guest coachhooker

Kevin Ahrens - SS - Houston Memorial HS

more to come (hopefully)

I had the privlage to work with this young man at baseball USA all last year and see him play, and I have never seen a better pure high school hitter from both sides of the plate plus he has a cannon of an arm.  he was suppost to go to texas a&m but i dont think he will ever see olson field.  Even better about this young man is he work ethic, he would be in the cages for hours and hitting for hours and he plays hard and plays with alot of class i never saw him once show up a player coach umpire or fan.  Congrats to a great young man

Guest Orangeboy

Delome went in 5th to the Astros

Man that boy has had it good. Stays home to play college ball, not he will being playing at home for our Stros in a few years. Hurry up Collin my fantasy team needs some help.  Congrats.

LU star heads to Astros

HOUSTON ASTROS PICK LU'S COLLIN DELOME IN FIFTH ROUND

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

BEAUMONT -- Collin DeLome has followed the Houston Astros forever. The Lamar University junior has dreamed of playing for them. His dream turned very realistic around dinnertime on Thursday.

This is the hidden content, please

The Aherns kid from Memorial is the real deal.  Great hitter, above-average arm from SS...I have watched him since he was 13.  And a great family.  His dad, by the way, is the #2 guy over at Baseball USA.

He had signed with A&M and this is a tough loss for the Aggies. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont