3A-Final Four...What are your picks?

Just a little discussion about who YOU think will make it to STATE.

Sinton is in........beat Falfurrias...in two straight games.

LE......is in............beat Celina......in two straight games.

Jasper is in..........won 2 of 3 from Bridge City

Abilene Wylie is in........ won 2 of 3 from Lubbock Cooper.

wow... abilene wylie has a good athletic program...

to make it to the state championship in basketball...

two straight trips to austin in baseball...

their football team is ranked in the top 10...

their girls soccer team was ranked number 8 in the state (in 4A... because there is no 3A soccer)...

seems like they're working hard over there at abilene...

Guest Orangeboy

Here are the teams going to Austin in 3A.

Region 1: Abilene Wylie

Region 2: Liberty Eylau

Region 3: Jasper

Region 4: Sinton 

I really think BC will represent Region III.  That bold statement being said--I think the best teams up there will be BC (or Jasper) and Sinton.  Carthage topped Texark Liberty-Eylau twice early on and I think they and Abilene Wylie are not quite as good as the Region III & Region IV representatives.

These youth from BC and Jasper are under some great stress right now; in that each is playing against a statewide top level 3A team. LOL.

The winner will perform OK up at the state final four, having survived this ordeal and getting a little rest next week..

i say liberty and wylie and whoever makes the least amount of errors between bc and jasper..but LE...will take it all no matter who else goes...imo...

Hmm, it seems that Celina saved thier "ACE" for the second game, they did pretty well with their #2 in game 1, just left too many runners on base.  I predict that Celina will take game 2.........what happens in game 3 will be anybody's guess.

LE, has a pretty good 1-2 punch with Middlebrooks and Fowler, and will be tough to face in game 1 at state.  I don't think they will repeat as state champs.  If they make it to the final's I predict they will lose in the second game.

We shall wait and see.  I'm not going to count chickens before they hatch.  IF LE advances to Austin, IMO, they will have just a good of a chance as anyone there.  I don't expect any one team to blow anybody out in the final four.  They didn't get there being a pushover.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics