stringer v reagan

Guest coachhooker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the athletes who are going to get their college paid for as a result of their work and abilities.

p.s.  if an athlete goes in the draft straight out of high school, is that good????

It depends on how good he is, and how much money they offer.  If a kid can get set up for life financially by signing, I say he should seriously consider signing.  Else, get an education, then sign.

They didn't have a draft back then, but Nolan Ryan did okay by signing straight out of high school. 

Whooo, with all the info about the pitchers, I'm surprised they hav'nt got some calls from some Gen Managers in the big leagues by now. Surley they will get a call on 6/5, anybody with less talent will get their call on 6/6

I dont really think there is a reason to stick your nose up at Panola it is a junior college but a very good one at that. And I dont really care who throws harder they both know how to win and both of them have been very crucial parts for their team to make it this far.

Hit a nerve mentioning Panola..  :'( ??? ??? Read it again slower and you will see that I was not sticking my nose up at it. I Simply said I was surprised that a Div-1 school has not offered him anything....

Guest JHS_Alumni05

though Reagan is the best pitcher jasper has, he is not the only one.......quit jumping to conclusions and talking about stuff you dont know about .....we also have justin parsons and ryan ellis.....and ryan ellis could easily go 10-11 innings any given game

Nicely put, Morgan. JP and Ellis are great pitchers just as Reagan is. I think the longevity that Ellis has accounts for a lot!  ;D

Get 'em Dogs!

Guest JHS_Alumni05

All I know is Stringer is like clemens and Dishon is like Bonds so Jasper will get wipped on Thurs and Fri and go home cryin!!!!

Dishon is like Bonds?? LOL! I love the reference there...  ;D

Is that "wipped on" like they're supposed to get WIPED on? Or WHIPPED on?

My vote is neither - I have faith in Jasper in 2!

It amazes me how often people talk about who throws the hardest, especially the kids playing. The hardest throwers on our team had the least results. There is quite a bit  more to quality pitching than velocity. Just my 2 cents.  ;D

Good luck to all of the pitchers throwing in this game.

It amazes me how often people talk about who throws the hardest, especially the kids playing. The hardest throwers on our team had the least results. There is quite a bit  more to quality pitching than velocity. Just my 2 cents.  ;D

Good luck to all of the pitchers throwing in this game.

Stringer has both... ;D ;D  Just my Two Cents... 8)

WOW just a Jr. College.... I figured him throwing 90 would get some looks from a D-1 School.

I did not see anywhere that Reagan did not get looks from D1 schools.  I think all that was said and implied is that he signed with Panola.  I don't think it is accurate to assume that he got no D1 looks.

Often-times the JC's get many of the better players because the JC route gives the athlete more options to go pro, or to select a better D1 school in a couple years.

Guest JHS_Alumni05

I did not see anywhere that Reagan did not get looks from D1 schools.  I think all that was said and implied is that he signed with Panola.  I don't think it is accurate to assume that he got no D1 looks.

Often-times the JC's get many of the better players because the JC route gives the athlete more options to go pro, or to select a better D1 school in a couple years.

Exactly! Just like Josie Parker that played for Jasper a couple of years ago...went to Panola and now plays for A&M.

Exactly! Just like Josie Parker that played for Jasper a couple of years ago...went to Panola and now plays for A&M (I think).

Once again, I'll spell it out.....I am surprised that he's not going to a D-1 school........."IMO" he should be signing with a D-1 school with him throwing in the 90's......Better ???? I not downing him just wondering why he's not getting that much attention....

You can take this or lv it BUT I'm calling BS on the guy throwing in the 90s and not getting any looks, IF he were throwing that, he would have been signed by someone other than Panola UNLESS they got to him first and I'm NOT speaking of a D1, a D1 could have signed him last Nov.. A 17y/o HS guy that throws OR touches the 90s occasionally will get a call on 6/5 or 6/6 but this I dought. I'm not shooting a line of BS here just speaking from what I encountered with my son, he NEVER touched 90 in HS but I've still got a box of letters from Nebr, Tulane. TT, UT, along with several others, and I don't know how many JUCOs. He did sign with Lamar in the early signing period (Nov 97) and went ahead and signed and played with Seminole State in Ok. He was drafted out of HS in the 45th. BTW I was told my son threw 93 in HS and this tooo was BS. He was consistant at 87 and 17 in his senior yr.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics