Southlake Carroll Season Tickets Going for $660

One word...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I have a summer camp job in the northeast, the counselors (ages 20 to 25) are floored when they learn that they sell season tickets to highschool games, and going at $165 a pop at South Lake, that is just unbelievable.

I guess it saves them from raising property taxes to high LOL!!!!

I guess THAT explains their awesome sports facility.

Stephenville played a playoff game there a couple of years ago,

When we walked into their stadium,we were amazed they have a pro shop and heaters that heat under the stands. But at 660.00 for tickets they should have valet parking and waiter service.  ::)

The money goes into the general fund for the whole school.  Success breads this type of ticket price.  Why do you think colleges / pros spend so much money on hiring coaches.  If you win, you can charge what youwant and people will pay.  As far as being knocked down a notch, have you ever been around them.  Those kids and coaches are very humble and show a lot of respect for others and the game.  You never see them talk trash or run their mouth.  They do not brag about all the publicity. 

Now for those of you that think they have superior talent, their times from track are this:  4x100  42.82,  4x200  1:30.02,  4x400  3:21.50.......Did not make the finals in anything at the regional meet except they went 1, 2, 3 inthe 3200 and 1, 2, 4 in the 1600 (those guys are not football players by the way).  So why don't you guys with all the speed come up here and get you some.  The only person from the football prgram that didn't run was Riley (hamstring).....They will win it all again this next year.......They will have some close games but you can bet they are going to win

The money goes into the general fund for the whole school.  Success breads this type of ticket price.  Why do you think colleges / pros spend so much money on hiring coaches.  If you win, you can charge what youwant and people will pay.  As far as being knocked down a notch, have you ever been around them.  Those kids and coaches are very humble and show a lot of respect for others and the game.  You never see them talk trash or run their mouth.  They do not brag about all the publicity. 

Now for those of you that think they have superior talent, their times from track are this:  4x100  42.82,   4x200  1:30.02,  4x400  3:21.50.......Did not make the finals in anything at the regional meet except they went 1, 2, 3 inthe 3200 and 1, 2, 4 in the 1600 (those guys are not football players by the way).  So why don't you guys with all the speed come up here and get you some.  The only person from the football prgram that didn't run was Riley (hamstring).....They will win it all again this next year.......They will have some close games but you can bet they are going to win

Since you seem to be so close to the SLC program, I have one question It has been reported that the new coach hired a new DC he tried to put in a new defense, the parents wanted to stay with the old system and they put pressure on the DC. So he resigned and went back to Highland Park Who is running the program the parents or the coaches?

I am close to the program and I know the guy that wen there then went back to HP.......It had nothing to do with the parents at all......I will not discuss the reason for the move and return but I can assure you that it was in the coaches office and that is where it will stay......I am not part of the green circle but have many friends that are and the info will stay in the green circle......the new head coach tried to hire his brother as the DC and that did not work out either.....you think parents had something to do with that......the new DC in  there now is a 4-2-5 guy.....but they will stay with the 4-3.....not because the parents say so, but because it has been successful wouldn't you say........You can assume all you want to bu those of us who know what goes on there, know the truth.....SLC is not for everyone.....

Guest CougarPride

Now for those of you that think they have superior talent, their times from track are this:  4x100  42.82,  4x200  1:30.02,  4x400  3:21.50.......Did not make the finals in anything at the regional meet except they went 1, 2, 3 inthe 3200 and 1, 2, 4 in the 1600 (those guys are not football players by the way).  So why don't you guys with all the speed come up here and get you some.  The only person from the football prgram that didn't run was Riley (hamstring).....They will win it all again this next year.......They will have some close games but you can bet they are going to win

]

Actually those times you postedcompared to the 4a region 3 track meet would have got 7th in the mile relay,

1 Houston Worthing                               3:16.84    20 

2 Dayton                                              3:16.89    16 

3 Crosby                                              3:17.59    12 

4 Huntsville                                          3:18.04     8 

5 Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated             3:19.47     4 

6 Austin Johnson                                   3:20.29     2 

It would have got you 8th in the 4x2

1 Houston Worthing                                 1:26.84    20 

2 Angleton                                             1:27.32    16                 

3 Brenham                                             1:27.67    12 

4 Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated               1:28.29     8 

5 Austin Johnson                                     1:29.12     4 

6 Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill                       1:29.14     2 

7 Houston Forest Brook                            1:29.16 

And it would have got you 7th in the 4x1 but actually you would have placed 9th because Central and Texas City both run 41 but the got DQ'd

1 Angleton                                             41.20    20 

2 Brenham                                             41.58    16 

3 Houston Worthing                                 41.64    12 

4 Houston Forest Brook                            41.95     8                 

5 Beaumont Ozen                                    42.17     4 

I dont think you want to come down here and even talk about speed brother because you couldnt even handle running with the 4A. heck those times wouldnt of got  you to the finals.

Now for those of you that think they have superior talent, their times from track are this:  4x100  42.82,   4x200  1:30.02,  4x400  3:21.50.......Did not make the finals in anything at the regional meet except they went 1, 2, 3 inthe 3200 and 1, 2, 4 in the 1600 (those guys are not football players by the way).  So why don't you guys with all the speed come up here and get you some.  The only person from the football prgram that didn't run was Riley (hamstring).....They will win it all again this next year.......They will have some close games but you can bet they are going to win

come on down here and get you some of the low tax base, etc. Since you guys don't have overwhelming talent. the separation has to be in coaching etc. the extra $$ up there has to help. Granted, the winning tradition has got to breed a huge passion to be the best over and over.

I am close to the program and I know the guy that wen there then went back to HP.......It had nothing to do with the parents at all......I will not discuss the reason for the move and return but I can assure you that it was in the coaches office and that is where it will stay......I am not part of the green circle but have many friends that are and the info will stay in the green circle......the new head coach tried to hire his brother as the DC and that did not work out either.....you think parents had something to do with that......the new DC in  there now is a 4-2-5 guy.....but they will stay with the 4-3.....not because the parents say so, but because it has been successful wouldn't you say........You can assume all you want to bu those of us who know what goes on there, know the truth.....SLC is not for everyone.....

I was just asking a question, you do not have to get so defensive unless......I struck a nerve.

Guest CougarPride

Plus all of the move-ins to play there, but like you said money talks. Or in their case "tax-payers money Talks'

Thank you Dayton for clearing that up.......good grief.....now you want to talk times in track, don't even bring your 4A stuff here.....check out the 5A Region I times brother......I know there is some speed down there......I used to live and work down there, but the Metro-plex has some really good times as well....And when you check out those times, the prelims were much faster than the finals....the wind was significant on finals day and it was swirling so they did not turn the races around......It was in Lubbock, TX

Dayton-  Yes, I understand the tax base issue but, you are telling me Beaumont has a low tax base???????? Mid county has a low tax base???????  I think there is a chemical plant or 2 down there........there is very little business in SLC.....it is mainly housing......there is a huge strain on the budget there.....Teachers make more in many of the schools down there than they do in SLC and Highland Park and so do the coaches.......In fact, the head man at SLC makes a little over $80,000.....not much considering....

jmspears-  You were not just asking a question......you were insinuating (sorry if that word is too much for you) that the parents run the program in SLC.....as far as stiking a nerve, not at all.......I am not associated with SLC except for competing against them and having friends there......You think they care what you think......or what I may think......I was just clearing it up that the parents do not run the program.....the head man does......

Cougar pride-  have you priced houses in SLC......they do not get your typical move ins.....yes, they have their share but on there varsity next year, I would say maybe 2 starters total were not in Jr. Hi there.....

All I am saying is until you have been around a program like that, you just cannot understand how that works.......I watched one of their JV track kids puke his guts up after the 400 because he had to win his heat....Losing is unacceptable in their minds....winning is expected and those kids bust their buttstonot be the team / group that lets the "Tradition" slip

I understand what you're saying. I think the money does create separation in some areas. But, the tradition is what makes most of the difference to me. Look at La Marque. Like you said...losing is unacceptable. Wish we could bottle that.

Guest CougarPride

So you are telling me that Newton is not a move in and the Renfro borthers are not move ins? Come on I know the situation

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami