your thoughts on roger clements going to the yankees

i personally think it sucks on how that was handled especially after he told the astros and redsox that it would be the middle of may before he made his decision. think he gave drayton the shaft. all i can say is i hope he and his little buddy andy live happily ever after.  was very unprofessional the way he and his agent handled it.  >:(

:'(  Not at all surprised.  He made the comment a few weeks ago that "anything less than playoffs is a waste of his time". 

Then why is he wasting his time in NY? They have a horrible bullpen with a rotation full of guys who see the trainer when they get a mosquito bite. Boston or Houston would have been a better choice for a playoff team. Boston has the rotation and bullpen and lineup to compete for a championship.  Houston is in a very weak division in a very weak league, and can be a playoff team with an 81-81 record.  The Cardinals proved that as long as you make the playoffs, you can get on a run in the post-season and wind up World Champs. Finally, why would he go back to an extremely tough division where instead of facing guys like Ted Lilly once every nine at bats, you have to face guys like David Ortiz once every nine at bats. The only thing I can think is that it all came down to the cash. It wasn't about winning or playoffs, it was all about the cash. If it was about the money, then good decision. The Yanks were willing to pay whatever he wanted to get him because they have no pitching whatsoever.  If it was about playoff contention, dumb move.

i was thinkin that maybe he would make his decision a little bit before the all-star break and go to whoever was leading the AL east...  dont get me wrong im a huge bosox fan but we all no who is gonna win the east so i guess he made the right decision for a playoff run

Then why is he wasting his time in NY? They have a horrible bullpen with a rotation full of guys who see the trainer when they get a mosquito bite. Boston or Houston would have been a better choice for a playoff team. Boston has the rotation and bullpen and lineup to compete for a championship.  Houston is in a very weak division in a very weak league, and can be a playoff team with an 81-81 record.  The Cardinals proved that as long as you make the playoffs, you can get on a run in the post-season and wind up World Champs. Finally, why would he go back to an extremely tough division where instead of facing guys like Ted Lilly once every nine at bats, you have to face guys like David Ortiz once every nine at bats. The only thing I can think is that it all came down to the cash. It wasn't about winning or playoffs, it was all about the cash. If it was about the money, then good decision. The Yanks were willing to pay whatever he wanted to get him because they have no pitching whatsoever.  If it was about playoff contention, dumb move.

No idea and you are correct about everything.  I'm just not surprised that he's done this after the comment he made.

He cannot pitch everyday. There rotation has been horrible and the injuries are getting worse. The Red Sox will win the East and the Yanks won't even make the Wild Card.

I hope you're right!  Nothing, short of the Astros making the playoffs, would give me more satisfaction than knowing that Clemens and Pettitte were stuck playing golf in October instead of under the bright lights on the mound at Yankee Stadium.  Come on Red Sox!

It was all about the money.  I know you saw the break down on ESPN.  It came out to something like $2,000 per minute.  Who in the world would turn down a job that pays 2 G's a minute?

I agree

With Clemens it has always been about the dollar.

How much money does it take for me to come pitch for you, He loves the spotlight and attention. Why doesnt this guy just go away ? As my 9 yr old says What a Jackdonkey  >:(

[move]GO REDSOX[/move]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124