BH/Dayton Mile Relay Video

Conspiracy alert.

If you look close at the video, there is a secondary tripper.  He comes out of the bushes and knocks out the baton. ;D

Judge ruled no foul.  So only discussion should be between BH coaches and official.  The Dayton runner was just running his tail off.

Good luck to Dayton team this weekend.  I've been to the big meet many times (though too slow to go as participant), and it's one of my favorite sporting events to attend.  I liked it better at the old venue but it's still neat when everyone rises for the mile relay.

Good call BH85.  I thought it was my imagination but you're right, if you look close the BH runner's right hand goes back and to the left....back and to the left.....back and to the left....................  No what you mean about the state meet.  I saw some real talented athletes there over the years, haven't been since 99 though.

My first one was when I was in Middle School and I went a few times in the 80's and early 90's.  I did go last year for one day but it was so hot I can't remember as much.

Local flavor...I remember Tony Allen from Jasper blowing away the field in 400.

Guidry and the start of the string of Orangefield dominance in pole vault.

I remember Peveto in the 800.

Ramsey from West Brook breaking record in 400 in '94 when I took my girl to her 1st one (as a baby)...He broke Ketchum's record which I got to see in '81.

Barnes from Silsbee tearing it up....maybe 3 golds?

People going this weekend will see some great athletes and should come away with some great memories.  The funniest  part is that when you are walking out you are pumped up and you feel you can compete...of course that only lasts for a little while as you race your kids out to the car.

I will attend my first State Track Meet this weekend.  To all who have been before, what is a good time to arrive to the track on Saturday morning in order to get a good seat (like by the finish line)?  Just wondering.

Isn't it $10 to get in or $15 for both days?  Someone was asking last night.  Thanks.

Good luck to all of the students representing Southeast Texas this weekend.  Bring home some medals!!! ;D

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/track_field/state/index.html

gives you pricing and times (it's 25 for both days, and there are other choices).  Finish line is very crowded and fans get there way before running starts.  I usually sit up high not at the finish line.  Not as crowded and you can see the whole track better.  The only thing you miss is the leans at the line but it's great for 400 and above and especially the relays.  The biggest cost is drinks, especially if it's hot.  If you are going with a group get the program and make your picks early.  This makes all the races fun. 

If this is what your basing your opinion of the Patton's or Joe Carter off of your an idiot. The Patton's were 4 year studs in football and Track, and yes they are the two hardest working kids I have seen. I am glad that I got to see these kids perform for all 4 years. Joe Carter got better at every meet that I saw him at this year. His performance at The woodlands was impressive and this (3:16) was something that most thought impossible.  THESE KIDS ARE ALL WINNERS!!

Hey Dayton......this is what happens when you run illegally out of your lane.....DQ'd..........This disqualification should have hapened at Regionals, if your team would have stepped up and been honest.  What goes around comes around.....y'all tried to run a shorter race, just to win and YOU LOST IT ALL !!!! 

1600-meter relay - 1, Lancaster (Joshua Coleman, Demontre Hurst, Darryl Hayes, Joe Fields), 3:12.45. 2, Copperas Cove, 3:14.66. 3, Houston Worthing, 3:16.94. 4, Lubbock Estacado, 3:18.27. 5, Del Valle, 3:18.75. 6, Corpus Christi Moody, 3:20.77. 7, Fort Worth Eastern Hills, 3:25.49. 8, Dayton, disqualified.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83