Jasper taking District 21-3a this year

I feel that Jasper will win their distric this year.  They have a new coach that has built a reputation for leading teams deep into the playoffs and Jasper has their almost their whole team returning only losing 3 starters to graduation.  Also they will come out this year with something to prove after going 2-8 last year!!!!!!!

I feel that Jasper will win their distric this year.  They have a new coach that has built a reputation for leading teams deep into the playoffs and Jasper has their almost their whole team returning only losing 3 starters to graduation.  Also they will come out this year with something to prove after going 2-8 last year!!!!!!!

::) I cant see it happening

Getting Brooks back will definetly help the Dawgs but to say they will win the district is quite a stretch. Last years Jasper team had to be the worst Jasper team I have ever seen in all my years of watching Silsbee-Jasper games, which go back to 1970. Silsbee won last years game 35-0 and they only played 2 1/2 quarters due to bad weather. Silsbee could have scored 60 on the Bulldogs that night. That had to be the slowest, most unagressive Jasper team that I have ever seen. I know they were young, very young indeed when you have 9 freshman on the varsity and 4 of those start and you are the second largest school in the district. But, where was the upperclassman last year?

You say you have a bunch of starters coming back and that is a good thing. But if they aren't any better than they were last year, you better get some different starters. The players that Jasper put on the field last year in the Silsbee game I really felt sorry for them. It was quite obvious that they were outmanned from the beginning and that's just so suprising considering it's a Jasper football team. Never, ever had I seen them so low.

I am hoping Brooks can get the Dawgs turned back around and get that program back up. Like I have said before, it's just not right in the football world with Jasper at the bottom. Good luck Dawgs.

Expecting Jasper to win the district is being too darn optimistic.   :o  ::)  Jasper fans need to realize that we need to perform first, then we can talk a bit.

But, Jasper should compete for a playoff spot.  You Silsbee fans saw the Dogs at their very worst, long after they lost their spirit to play.  The Jasper coaches let them get down, and that should never, never happen.  Maybe that had something to do with the fact that most of that coaching staff is now gone on to other places.

But did you see them earlier in the year?  I saw them give 4a Livingston about all they could handle.  And as I recall, some of the SE Tx 4a teams had a bit of difficulty with Livingston themselves.  Jasper gave Newton a pretty good run as I remember also as well as a few other teams.

My point is that yes, Jasper has a big hole to dig out of.  But, that hole is not necessarily nearly as deep as the game with Silsbee might indicate.  There was some talent on that team that played Livingston early in the year and I don't think all that talent graduated.  Jasper was down when Brooks arrived before, and he revived the team.  Why should we doubt that he will revive them once again?   :)

By the way, Jasper's toughest district teams were on the road last year.  This year they will get KV, BC, WOS, and Silsbee at Jasper.  That might make a difference if the game is close.

Yeah. Last year's Jasper team was the first truly pathetic Jasper team I can ever remember. They were awful. Brooks will definitely be an asset, but not enough to propel them past the established district powers.

You are just a youngster!  ;D  I remember far more pathetic Jasper teams than last year's team.  :(  But it was a long time ago.  :) 

However, I do know this.  Following the last 2-8 Jasper record that I remember, Jasper rolled through district winning it outright.  You BC and Silsbee folks remember 1975?  James Hadnot?  Oliver (Bull) Hadnot?  David Scott?  Just to name a few.

I think it was Coach Lauve who said that you are never as good as you think you are when you are winning, and never as bad as you think you are when you are losing.  2007 is a whole new season and what happened last year is just history.  The big question is, what will this year bring?  I don't know.  Will wait to see.

You are just a youngster!  ;D  I remember far more pathetic Jasper teams than last year's team.  :(  But it was a long time ago.  :) 

However, I do know this.  Following the last 2-8 Jasper record that I remember, Jasper rolled through district winning it outright.  You BC and Silsbee folks remember 1975?  James Hadnot?  Oliver (Bull) Hadnot?  David Scott?  Just to name a few.

Just happen to be playing on that team those years. We did go from not being able to fight our way out of a paper sack to winning district.  Proved a lot of people wrong that year ;D

You are just a youngster!   ;D  I remember far more pathetic Jasper teams than last year's team.   :(  But it was a long time ago.   :) 

Just happen to be playing on that team those years. We did go from not being able to fight our way out of a paper sack to winning district.  Proved a lot of people wrong that year ;D

Sorry Broadcaster.  I forgot to mention that you were the primary reason for the turnaround!  ;D

Its going to take a lot more than Coach Brooks to de-throne WOS. I just dont see it being a possibility. Good luck

I don't think it is likely that Jasper will de-throne WOS.  I do think it is a good possibility that Jasper will be in the hunt for one of the playoff spots.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

All Coach Brooks has to do is get the numbers in the program back up to what they were when he left. If he does, Jasper won't be down long at all and will be right there with anybody in 3A. His last team went very deep into the 4A playoffs in 2001 and I firmly believe that he can rebuild the program to close to those heights because he did it very quickly when he was here before. It probably won't happen this year, but I'm hoping that with realignment coming that we'll be able to win a district similar to this one in 2008.

• 1 month later...

Most people on this board didn't get to see Jasper early in the year.  They struggled offensively (no they stunk it up).  However their defense was very solid.  By the time they got to the 3rd game in the district it appeared to me that the program was in shambles.  It is a wonder they won any games.  Early on in district they played ok against Kirbyville, but after that they didn't do much and started bringing up people right and left.  No telling how many players they had quit etc.  Someone mentioned that Jasper will have a hard time beating the established district powerhouses.  Last time I checked Jasper has won their fair share of district championships through the years.  The lightweights better kick them hard while they are down because the Dogs will be biting again real soon.

If Kirbyville really does lack depth, then they're gonna be in trouble. WO-S lost a lot of kids from last year and Jasper is just young. We all have our own loyalties and it's hard to be objective.  Any one of them (along with Silsbee) can win this district. It's gonna be fun.  ;D

How can someone from WOS think they another team can't win because of no depth?  WOS will suit up fewer than anyone else in the district again this year, and with that lack of depth they will do just fine..as will Kirbyville.

Whats better than that, I remember playing Newton the first game of the season my Junior and Senior year, and they suited out more than us. Dont forget we were ranked #2 in state both those years as a 4A school. We never have huge numbers on the sidelines. Its kind of funny thinking of what the other teams say when they see half of what they suit up when they play us. They prolly think..man, we are going to whip these guys. Well, thats untill we rip through them like a fat lady in a pair of rocky mountain jeans. hahaha  Sideline numbers dont mean anything.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont