Wondering about Hardin

Hardin just doesnt have alot of kids. I believe they have the smallest enrollment numbers in the district. And alot less athletes.

Not true, Hardin has one of the larger enrollments in the district.  It may be true about the number of athletes though, but I actually know of alot of athletes there, that just flat out don't participate in certain sports.  This program will have to be built from Jr. High up.  Alot of the kids just don't have the right attitude to succeed in athletics.  First thing I'd do, is get participation up as much as possible.

Just My Thoughts...

Guest ECBucFan

Agreed. Hardin has done well in the past, and can do so again. I believe they placed 2nd in our district when they were realigned into it several years ago. Lots of potential there. 

Not sure, but Hardin has the potential definately. They have great athletes still walking the halls. They would just rather not play sports though. Bleacher bum is right it needs to start in jr high, just as it has these past two years. When they play as a team, and play their hearts out, they are pretty dang good...just ask anahuac haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Hardin has always had potential.  I am familiar with them for the past 20+ years.  There is a mental block in the kids brought about by what I am not sure but they field very competitive junior high and low level teams but when they get to varisty levels there is something missing.  They have had a few teams make the playoffs over the last few years in basketball and football.  Just haven't gotten to that consistent contender level.  The girls program is going great guns.  Got a pair of great coaches in the Snell family.  Good luck Hornets!  I will always be a Hornet at heart.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami