To morgan

I am sick and tired of fan like you bashing the umpires. If you are so good why dont you put the blues on and start calling games yourself. I for one have never seen an umpire lose a game. We may miss a call but we never do it to cost any one a game. So quit bashing and just enjoy watching the game of baseball.

One of the umpires who was bashed from the Silsbee/Jasper game was killed in an automobile accident on his way home that night.  Maybe we should all take a breath before we 'take our shots' at those guys.  It should certainly give us pause...

I have seen some poor umpiring cost a team a game a few times.  Not any reason to come on a public forum and bash them however.  Even in games where a questionable call may "cost you the game" you can always look back earlier in that same game at a situation that your team could have performed better, or gotten a run in rather than strike out , not made the error, and the game would have turned out in your favor.  So to come on a public forum like this one and bash a group of umpires is completley unwaranted. 

How many times have you come on to setxsports.com and read a thread that was praising an umpire for a great game called ???  Not once have I.  So until that starts happening I think maybe Coop and the other Mods should maybe come down a little more harshly on those who constantly bash our officials. 

And just for those wondering, no i am not apart of the umpire chapter, just a fan of the game.  Thank you for your time blues, keep up your hard work and effort.

I am sick and tired of fan like you bashing the umpires. If you are so good why dont you put the blues on and start calling games yourself. I for one have never seen an umpire lose a game. We may miss a call but we never do it to cost any one a game. So quit bashing and just enjoy watching the game of baseball.

i didnt say the bad calls were just for jasper.....bad calls went both ways i am just saying what i saw....i was at the game and i know what i saw and now since that call was made jasper is in a 3 way tie for first instead of being alone in 1st

and also i dont want to put on the blue and ump a game because i dont want to be responsible for a teams fate.......i do not know what it is like to be a ump and i know that you dont make any bad calls intentionally and i do know that it has to be a tough job, and i am not bashing the umps, i have respect for you, but just pay attention to what is going on.....one bad calls could cost them a spot in the playoffs.....i am not saying the umps alone cost jasper the game....HJ played well and are a good team and i congratulate them on the win, jasper made many errors so that also played a role in the loss but the umps made calls also

Morgan - you said that you wouldn't umpire because you, "don't want to be responsible for a teams fate "  ???  If you are that unsure of your abilities in relation to the game of baseball, you need to keep your baseball opinions to yourself.  I disagree with umpires on occasion but I appreciate the heck out of those guys with enough guts and confidence to umpire and make it possible for us to play this great game of baseball.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the Dyson family and we thank you for his service to our young people.

I have seen some poor umpiring cost a team a game a few times.  Not any reason to come on a public forum and bash them however.  Even in games where a questionable call may "cost you the game" you can always look back earlier in that same game at a situation that your team could have performed better, or gotten a run in rather than strike out , not made the error, and the game would have turned out in your favor.  So to come on a public forum like this one and bash a group of umpires is completley unwaranted. 

How many times have you come on to setxsports.com and read a thread that was praising an umpire for a great game called ???  Not once have I.  So until that starts happening I think maybe Coop and the other Mods should maybe come down a little more harshly on those who constantly bash our officials. 

And just for those wondering, no i am not apart of the umpire chapter, just a fan of the game.  Thank you for your time blues, keep up your hard work and effort.

That's one of the differences in baseball and softball.  Come on over to the softball forum - You'll find a BUNCH of posts about the quality of officiating, and several "THANK YOU's to our guys and gals in blue...........

hey morgan i know where u comin from u no just yellin at the ump from a bad call and everything i mean everyone does it but still i do know what it is like to ump and yea the fans can get a lil annoying but it isnt a easy job and the umpire has nothing to do with the teams fate only the team can choose if they want to win or not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476