* BH 13 Crosby 0 Final/Monday*

#5 pitched a very good game for BH and what trouble he did have late he got out of with the help of some great defensive plays and quality pitches.  A lot of really good base running (except one time with a runner on 3rd.... ;D).  Crosby ran 2 different pitchers out and both were pretty darn good.  What few mistakes Crosby made on the mound, BH made them pay for it.  Point in-case 6th inning walk off 3-run shot to seal the deal (Congrats Seth on a long bomb as a pinch hitter off the bench).  Another good outing for the Eagles. 

Friday comes the real test with New Caney's "Stud" Dean pitching at their field. 

By the way, the Lady Eagles blanked New Caney tonight 3-0 so they may not be in a good mood Friday...... :o

Well said BH89-2...Crosby has an inpressive squad...just lacking real quality pitching ( at least tonight ).  If you don't show up with big-time pitching against BH...well you gonna get hurt. Like a dumd^#@ I left your cell # at the house otherwise I would've called you. Give me a shout sometime...I'll keep you updated Friday in the showdown @ NC...beacuse I know your gonna be elsewhere working hard  ;D

P.S. #5 in your program...#1 in your heart.

ETBU...honestly I really do hate last rites even for our foes.  Three strong teams in this distict and a couple more that the " outsides" don't know about...or maybe don't want to mention..Hales and Thamm keep throwing the rock like thay are capable of...BH keeps taring it up@the plate... yea I'm biased...but the more I see,,the more I like...Heck..we keep this up dinner is on me! God knows I love to eat !

Barbers Hill shuts out Crosby, 12-0

By Doyle Barlow

Baytown Sun 

Published April 10, 2007

Barbers Hill took another step toward the District 21-4A baseball title with a 12-0 victory over Crosby Monday night, in a game shortened to six innings because of the run-rule. The win moved the Eagles to 19-3-1 overall and 9-0 in the district, as they prepare for a showdown against second-place New Caney Friday night.

New Caney’s only district loss was to Barbers Hill in the teams’ first meeting.

“I’m worried about New Caney right now,†said BH head coach Gil Stalbaum, when asked if he was worried about his team peaking too soon. “I’m expecting a great game and we’re excited about it to tell you the truth. We could drop from first to third real quick, because our next two games are New Caney and Huffman and they’re both good enough to beat us.â€

Kendall Thamm was good enough against Crosby on Monday. The lefthander gave up only two hits and three walks, while striking out 10 to run his record to a perfect 6-0 on the season.

“We saw their pitcher (Thamm) the first time around and I thought we’d compete a little better this time,†Crosby coach Marcus Thompson said. “He’s gotten better since the first time, but our hitters should have improved too.â€

Barbers Hill struck for one run in the first inning off Crosby starter Hernand Hernandez, when Cameron Campbell drove in Derek Hulsey, who reached on an error.

The Eagles then broke the game open with five runs in the second inning. Campbell reached on an error and scored; Ross Hales singled and scored; Alex Rocha singled and scored; Kyle McDonald singled and scored; and Amando Fuentes walked and scored. Tony Carmona and Hulsey also had RBIs in the frame.

Leading 7-0, the Eagles capped the run-rule with five runs off Cougar reliever Ronnie Flack in the sixth. The big blow was a three-run walk-off homer by Seth Helmly, his third dinger of the year.

“He (Helmly) has been our designated hitter,†Stalbaum said. “But he missed our last game because of a school function, so he didn’t get to start.â€

The loss dropped Crosby to 10-13 overall and 5-4 in the district. It also leaves the Coogs very little room for error if they want to make the playoffs.

“We’ve got to beat everybody we’ve got left going into our last two games,†Thompson said. “Our last two games are New Caney and Huffman and we’ve got to win one of those.â€

Crosby will return to action at home Friday against C.E. King.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124