3pm Tuesday Turgeon set to be announced

Guest sly0071

Glad to see he has some class and will meet with his players... He was on campus today visiting the University.. I will be there loud and proud at Reed tomorrow... WHOOP!

ok i will say again...we have known that turgeon is the man since yesterday afternoon...therefore his players most likely found out yesterday as well...ON ESPN

why is he classy, and BCG is suddenly the most hated man in the world?

Some quotes about Mark Turgeon

WICHITA STATE ATHLETICS DIRECTOR JIM SCHAUS: "Mark did an unbelievable job of rebuilding our program to the highest level. When he came here, the basketball program was in last place and he took them to first place in a very short period of time. He was instrumental in our attendance growth, and was great to work with in the community and the university. He is first class in all regards. He will be greatly missed at Wichita State, but at the same time we're happy for this opportunity for Mark and (wife) Ann. He has great leadership at Texas A&M in Bill Byrne. The ability to recruit Texas was a niche for Mark and his staff. They were highly successful recruiting the state of Texas, and especially east Texas.

"He signed a number of players from Houston. He has established a quality relationship with the high school coaches in Texas. I think his ability to recruit Texas and his relationships with the high school coaches factored into his interest in the Texas A&M coaching job. Mark has an impressive coaching pedigree. He learned from Larry Brown and Roy Williams and that shows in his style. He plays an exciting brand of basketball that the fans will appreciate. His teams play hard and play good defense, but he is also very offensive-minded. I have always been impressed with the way he conducts practices. His practices are incredibly efficient. They are not long practices, but they are very efficient. He is the total package and he will do a great job at Texas A&M."

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS EXECUTIVE VP LARRY BROWN: "Mark Turgeon was the first kid we signed at KU. He played four years for me and was a captain. Then he was an assistant with me on the 1988 National Championship team. He also worked on my staff at Philadelphia. I love him. I think it's a great job at Texas A&M and he's a wonderful fit. I think he will do an amazing job. Texas A&M is getting a great coach, and Texas A&M is a perfect fit for Mark. (On Turgeon's style) "He's smart enough to figure out what his kids can do, and tailor what he wants to do on their strengths.

"He's worked with Roy (Williams), but he's developed his own style. His teams are going to play hard, play unselfish and they are going to guard. That's the way Billy did it as well, so I think the transition won't be difficult.

"What Mark values is the same as what Billy valued. I am a big fan of Billy Gillispie and I'm a huge fan of Mark Turgeon."

KANSAS ASSISTANT COACH DANNY MANNING: "I'm excited and happy for Mark and his family. I think it is a great hire for Texas A&M. Turg is going to be someone that when his teams step on the court they will be prepared to play at a very high level."

NORTH CAROLINA COACH ROY WILLIAMS: “I am extremely happy for Mark and Texas A&M basketball. It is a wonderful match. Billy Gillispie did an outstanding job as an enthusiastic and hard-working coach and that is exactly what A&M is getting in Mark Turgeon. He is very intelligent, organized and competitive and has a tremendous passion for coaching. He truly enjoys working with young people and that is a characteristic you look for in an outstanding coach.”

turgeon_welcome.jpg

ok i will say again...we have known that turgeon is the man since yesterday afternoon...therefore his players most likely found out yesterday as well...ON ESPN

why is he classy, and BCG is suddenly the most hated man in the world?

Get your facts correct... Obviously you did not go to Reed... He did not accept the job until late last night, he had already contacted his players prior to accepting the job offer, henceforth Turgeon=awesome, BCG= The Devil.... Why dont you just move to Lexington if you are stuck so far up BCG's butt... He's gone, and we have a new coach, I could care less if BCG's name is never mentioned again...

Get your facts correct... Obviously you did not go to Reed... He did not accept the job until late last night, he had already contacted his players prior to accepting the job offer, henceforth Turgeon=awesome, BCG= The Devil.... Why dont you just move to Lexington if you are stuck so far up BCG's butt... He's gone, and we have a new coach, I could care less if BCG's name is never mentioned again...

i WAS at reed thank you very much, and still knew he was coming to aTm yesterday around 2:15...

IM not stuck up BCG's butt...it just blows my mind why we all hate someone who put us on the map for reasons that he couldn't control

Guest WeedBegone

Turgeon's announcement....

"I am thrilled to accept the head coaching job at Steppingstone College, er, Texas A & M, and will be here as long as they will have me, or until a better job comes along."

Hey DGSCOTT---looks like you finally realized that the only way to get somewhere in life  is to get through College Station first.  When are you going to make your move.  ;D ;D

Guest WeedBegone

I'll go to atm when they hold the winter olympics in Beaumont and do downhill skiiing along Calder Avenue. 

Be careful---it sleated here on Easter Weekend.  I know your good for your word so you better get an application now---not just anybody gets in  aTm.

DG Scott

[move]  ;D  gig em.............!!![/move]                Skiing on Calder

Guest sly0071

they could draft me and I wouldnt show.  It is a good academic school.  But grown men should never make high pitched whooping sounds....EVER. 

[/quote

High pitched whooping sounds- that is what I hear from the gheywhorns when I visit Austin.  LOL. 

funny how aggie's best comeback is always the ghey and whorn, notice its never how many titles or championships they've won or their all time record against big brother UT.  and how they like to spell it ghey or whorn but god forbid someone type aggy...ahhh yes the delusional cs double standard

Guest sly0071

Notice how DenisGScott posts are always about the aggy and the milkmen and always under A&M topics.  Hmmm.  You won't find me making derogatory posts under UT threads about UT.

Guest AllEyezOnMe

Dennis your nowhere to be found everytime A&M beats Texas.....and lol don't go to thinking that Texas is the best program just because they have 3 championships just think about how many OU has....I hate OU but Barry Switzer would school Mack Brown any day of the week.....So we all might not like OU, but they do not suck in any regard......All ya'll constantly saying OU sucks sound jealous to me.....But I do admit to rooting for Boise State in that Fiesta Bowl..... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax