Supergold.....

heres a few that i think should be on there...

Stockie - kelly

Kirby - kelly

Waldrup - lumberton

Uribe - Central

those 4 for sure...

then some others that could possibly be on there...

Biffle - Vidor

Garza - Lumberton

thats all i can think of right now... help me out.. would be nice if someone could post a list of all the players that they think would be on there and their positions...

Hey shark, whats the deal with you always commenting about Poole?  Do you coach a team that Scott didnt want to play for or was he on a team that beat your favorites or what.  cause thats what it sounds like.  I can tell you're a Ned fan but come on.  If they had two fresh on their team that were better, I surely didnt notice.  Dont get me wrong, because Ned does have some very talented young men but which positions were you talking about?  Scott played the year at stopper and still ended up at like 15th in scoring for the district.  So are these freshmen above him on that list?  I'd really like to know who you are referring to as i am sure they probably dribbled around Scott when they played each other this year.

You're not a Ned fan? Really?!!  Its really sad for a grown man to "hammer" a kid based on the fact that someone else thinks he's a better player than you do.  I think your assessment of Scott's inability is overboard and happens way too often.  And Im a person who enjoys discussing local talents.  You havent seen Scott play but four games this season; How many Ned games did you see?  Did you not see the three games that they played against each other?  Scott can handle the ball very very well as a matter of fact, but what he did this year was exactly what he was told.  Did it help his team and did it work well in the whole scheme of things?  YEP! Hopefully you'll be able to witness much more of his talents with the ball next year.  Maybe he'll be able to move up and play more of an attacking or ball control position.

BTW when he was pulled up in the first 10 min of the Central game guess who scored...

First of all, you said "hammered" which is why it was in quotes.  Second, you said you only watched Scott play in four games, then you said you saw seven Lumberton games? Trust me when i tell you that he has plenty of adults telling him what to work on as it is and i dont think what you're doing falls into that category.  You could have just put your nominees up, but instead you took the oppurtunity to say ("not Poole by any chance"). 

I was'nt just talking about these latest ramblings, but all the times someone has talked about this kid you had something to say.  When did someone say he was the best player in this area?  Where did anybody say he was the best player on Lumberton's team?  Where did anybody say he was a phenom?  You have severe selective hearing issues.  Stop trying to justify every jab by saying you'd like to have 10 Pooles on your team. Anybody would.

Of course Poole is not a Waldrup, nor will he ever be.  Ive never seen anyone like Waldrup to be honest.  Not that Scott couldnt be as good or better, but they have totally different styles.  If you are a coach, i'd expect you to know that.

If i were a coach at the school or coached Poole at all I'd tell him its great if another coach is more worried about him than helping his own get better. 

Poole is one of the most liked, respectful, intelligent, and skilled young men I've met in this area.  Ask some of those players you talk about, and they will tell you the same I'm sure.  Show a little class and say something nice about him without using the word but for once.

Thank you for coming to my players defense dogbone. Scott poole is in my opinion the best freshmen soccer player in this area. Yes I may be a little biased since I do coach him but Scott has great vision and judgment to be a young player. I do not understand where you make an arguement that he only uses one foot and does not have good ball handling???? Youu critique Jsmitty bc he voted to have scott poole on the supergold team even though he saw him very little but yet you argue against him and the fact is you only saw scott in limited action as well. Scott was the strongest player on our defense this year that only allowed 26 goals to be scored on them all year. Might I add that several of the goals that were scored on us this year were scored when I was playing many of my JV players since the weather was not kind to us and we were not able to play many of our under level games. Now I do not say this to be disrespectful to any other teams nor coaches I am just staing the facts. If Scott Poole doesnt play where he does and HOW he does --Lumberton is not the District Champions. A player of that calliber desevres the right to be on a Supergold team.  Let me fill you in on a little bit of info on Scott Poole: vs. Central ---scored a goal 2 minutes after being moved to the front, and then continued to steal, clear, and deny Centrals great offense. Vs NED controlled a defense that only gave up 2 shots the entire game to your "better" freshmen from Nederland, we won all 3 games vs Nederland by the way and in all 3 Scott was a major factor behind those wins, vs PNG played great all though in the tourny he was still adjusting to playing stopper (afterall he is a striker). That is just the tip of the iceberg on Scott Poole. As a defender he was tied for the 11th place lead in scoring with of course the striker form Nederland - who has a great shot by the way. I have nominated him for the supergold team and i feel that Poole was one of the better defenders in SE Texas despite playing in his first year of high school soccer. Yes scott can improve on things but what high school player doesnt have room for improvement. What these kids dont need are people on these forums bad mouthing them and saying they should not be on the supergold team or win any other accolade. The topic asked who should be on, not who should be on. Lets put aside your negative statements, if you dont feel like a kid should be on your supergold list, put someone else there.

I cant wait to hear about all these guys as Seniors. I played against the freshman from Nederland AND Scott Poole and until I was told, i have no clue Poole was a freshman. He was calm and collected and seemed to play the way older players with experience play. The freshman from Nederland were very good as well, but, a couple of them seemed to lose their cool tward the end of the game. Im not bashing the Ned players by any means, they were unbelievable for freshman. They both impressed me and i cant wait to watch them in the future!

Whoa there shark, dont try and pull me into the argument YOU were having about Scott Poole, we never argued about him. I think he is a tremendous soccer player and def. deserves to be on the SuperGold team. and if your questioning the amount of times ive seen him, it was three times plus his club team practices with my club team during the week.

Hes good.. but hes not better than Brady or Rios from WB... He will be in the future no doubt... Rios was named to the Region III senior showcase all-star team and also the co-defensive mvp of the district... Ive seen all three of them play.. just my oppinion....

this has been the most argumentative forum i have seen. I wanna say about all those arguments of joe and biffle and hanks and horning, i have played with all of them. Hanks has incredible skills above the other three but is a little slow. horning i think is good all around, especially 1v1 defense, but still give the quickffeet to hanks.  Biffle and joe have the speed, and when i play with joe i think he can see the field very well and i click with him, but he is still below horning and hanks with skill, above them with speed.  Biffle, when i played with him had great speed but a touch about thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis long, and his finishes could use some work.  that was before hs soccer so he may have gotten better, havent played with him for 5 or 6 months but still play with the other three.

Yea, I didnt do too great this summer. I didnt get to many touches with the ball so yea, my ball handling was off pretty bad. Durring the HS season i played center-mid and got the ball alot more, which I liked. My 1v1 got to where there really wasnt a person I couldnt take 1v1 and beat. But, your right, my finishes arnt that great!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami